promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
? asked in Social ScienceEconomics · 10 years ago

Questions on Microeconomics. Please Help?

Consider a country that imports a good from abroad. For each of the following statements, say whether it is true or false. Explain your answer.

A. "The greater the elasticity of demand, the greater the gains from trade."

B. "If demand is inelastic, there are no gains from trade."

C. "If demand is inelastic, consumers do not benefit from trade."

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

A) true. The gains from trade depend mainly on the change in terms of trade. The goods which the country has no comparative advantage and expensive will be cheaper. If the demand is elastic, the quantity demand will increase more than the reduction in price. The gains of trade will increase.

B) true. Because after trade the price changes will have less effect on quantity demanded.

C) true. The reason is the same as B.

Source(s): Anjaree
    • Ethan4 years agoReport

False: If demand is perfectly inelastic, consumers do not benefit from trade.
      True: The greater the elasticity of demand, the greater the gains from trade.
      False: If demand is perfectly inelastic, there are no gains from trade.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

False: If demand is perfectly inelastic, consumers do not benefit from trade.

True: The greater the elasticity of demand, the greater the gains from trade.

False: If demand is perfectly inelastic, there are no gains from trade.

• 7 years ago

true

false

false

I just did this in my microeconomics Practice homework and this was one of my questions so these are the correct answers don't believe me pick true,true, true it'll b WRONG

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.