? asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 10 years ago

how do I get picture ID without already having picture ID?

I have a friend who went up to Alaska 23yrs ago after getting a DUI in Torrence, CA. Since then he's been on an island helping a friend on his farm. He came back to CA in 2009 for his mothers funeral, ran into an old girlfriend, ticked off his current gf who took off after burning everything he owned. Now he has no ID, no SS card,can't remember the number, but does have his original birth certificate. he can't get ID without a SSN but they won't give him his number or card without photo ID. Even went to the police station here in Redding, ca to see if they could pull up his old DUI and arrest record to get his number but they can't find any record of him either. Now he can't work or get on a plane to get back up north. Everything from when he was in school (ie: medical records, dental, school albums,etc) was tossed when his mom passed. The only thing saved was his birth certificate.

In answer to the questions, I've known him for almost 20 years up in AK. As to not knowing his SSN he hasn't had to use it in since he left CA 23 yrs ago. Where he was living was on a farm that you can only get to by boat or a small sea plane, population 7. The only place he's been since then was to anchorage 11 yrs ago(before ID was needed) and to the small town 70mi away by boat, no ID needed.

Favorite Answer

I have constructed several AFFIDAVIT pic IDs for individuals without a ID's. We get them notirzed, and legally they are binding forms of ID.

All issuing agencies are committing FRAUD by not legally explaining driver's licenses and such.

I don't see how he's going to be able to. But the question is how do you not memorize your SSN in over 23 years? How long have you known this friend? the story just sounds really fishy to me. The police would have his fingerprints on record if he was arrested like he said.

just got to the DMV and get things sorted out. it may take a little while, but youll surely get what you want.