Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
Memoir essay, can i write about this?
we have to write a memoir essay in class and i dont really get it. he just said "write a memoir essay."
so can i write about how my pet ran away one day, and how i got him? or is that not a memoir?
can you give me some examples of good things to write about for a memoir?
- Der WeinerschitLv 41 decade agoFavorite Answer
A memoir essay is centered on a significant memory from the past. The essay details that memory and explains how and why it is meaningful, as well as the influence the memory had on your life. When writing a memoir essay, it is important to illustrate the significance of the memory through specific and engaging details. As the Purdue University Online Writing Lab states, the personal memoir essay "mines the past to shed light on the present. The memoir seeks to make sense of an individual life."
Things You'll Need:
Computer or other writing material
1. Create a list of significant memories from your past. Look for events that have stayed in your mind throughout the years and have personal meaning.
2. Choose one of these memories to analyze and interpret in your memoir essay.
3. Decide how you would like to present your memory: chronological order, reverse chronological order (where you tell the ending of the memory first), or as a flashback (where your narrative begins in the present and then moves to the past).
4. Begin writing your essay. Make clear to your reader when and where your action takes place.
5. Use vivid descriptions for your main characters. Make them come alive by employing a combination of action, thoughts and dialogue.
6. End your essay by making it clear to the reader why this event is significant for you and how this memory influences your present life.
Write about your cat running away. I could write about my recent trip or work related topic.Source(s): Larry King
- 5 years ago
A point in sports, a new pet, a new toy, the birth of a sibling, saving up for shoes, cleaning the house, doing a good deed, changing your looks, having surgery... Think about your interesting character traits and what makes you different. Then try to find the cause for this or for that.