Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 10 years ago

What should I serve with clam chowder?

I am making a delicious new england clam chowder for dinner, but I want to serve something else with it to make it a meal, instead of just a bowl of soup. What goes well with clam chowder?

Favorite Answer

Serve the chowder with biscuits.

Serve a salad before or after you serve the chowder. You can add some boiled cold shrimp to the salad if you want it to be more substantial, but the chowder is usually pretty filling.

• levar

What Goes With Clam Chowder

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What should I serve with clam chowder?

Source(s): serve clam chowder: https://biturl.im/SR3S5
  • Me

New England clam chowder is pretty much a meal on its own, because it's so rich. I love clam chowder with baked clams on the side. However, if you're using the soup as a side rather than a main course, then a sandwich might be a good idea, as other answerers have suggested.

I think steamed veggies would be the right touch to the Clam Chowder..

Maybe some bread..

• TLK

Clam chowder. With clams, it almost stands as a fish dish, doesn't it? So I recommend you to make something with meat. I will stay away from a cream based sauce because you said you are making New England clam chowder. If it were Manhattan CC, a buttery/creamy sauce for meat would be nice.

Easy comfort dish would be roasted chicken. I think it would be nice to eat roasted chicken and roasted potatoes after or with NECC. This really doesn't take time either. You just put chicken in the oven. Meanwhile, you make clam chowder. Then you serve the soup and (then) chicken.

In terms of flavors, two should go well. Cream, mushroom, chicken and potatoes go well with each other. In this season gradually getting cold, warm soup and roasted chicken sound attractive to me.

I wouldn't put potatoes in the soup if I roast them with a chicken. I would put mushrooms in the soup because it goes well with everything else.

Cole slaw goes very well with clam chowder.

• Sandra

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axK0d

because during lent people dont eat meat on friday so a good seafood alternative is usually available to keep their customers coming back.

• C.M. C

Mrs. B, please, I big bowl of clam chowder, I loaf of Parisian (nice and crusty) you don't need anything else.

Where are you so I can fly down for a bowl?

• shan

grilled cheese sandwich

tuna melt

grilled ham and cheese sandwich

fried flounder

fresh fish and grilled veggies

bagel

rolls or biscuits

garden salad

shrimp

ravilois