Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 9 years ago

Where can I buy amoxicillin?

I have a cat with an upper respiratory infection and I need to buy , amoxicillin, Amoxidrops® or

Clavamox® but I need it soon. I don't want to wait a week for 1800 pet meds to deliver. Is there a store I can buy these meds? Does petsmart or petco offer these? Or is there another store that does?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, you need a prescription to get amoxicillin, unless you order it though canadian online pharmacies, but I am quite sure they do not sell medication for pets. i am not sure if human amoxicillin is the same as the pets one, but I've ordered antibiotics through http://www.POMpharmacy.com and was very satisfied with the price and the quality of the medicine. Hope you find a way to get amoxicillin soon.

• liana
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Where Can I Buy Amoxicillin

• J C
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

No - it's available through prescription only, and that includes online sites like the petmeds one. They will not - legally cannot - dispense a prescription drug without a written script from the vet. You need to take the cat to the vet to get treated. It's no different than a human doctor - antibiotics are prescription drugs, and can only be obtained with a prescription from a doctor (or vet in the case of your cat).

Source(s): many years of cat rescue
  • 9 years ago

Call and see if Petmeds can do a rush delivery, or go to a 24 hour vet. You won't be able to find this at a pet store since they will require a prescription. However you can try Dr. Foster Smith website. I have found they have better customer service than Petmeds and you can ask for overnight shipping . It might cost you, but not more than a second trip to the vet! http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_Display...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Inga
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

You need a prescription. No one will give you anti-biotics without one. Go to the vet first and either buy it from them or call around to the pharmacies in your area. Plus you need your vet to accurately diagnose the URI.

One of our grocery chains has anti-biotics for free and they're on Walmart's $4 list. You will have to work with the vet regarding dosing.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

You need a script to buy antibiotics. Either buy from your vet or have them call in a script to a pharmacy(since they are a human meds also) which would be the cheapest & quickest way to get them.

• 3 years ago

Try it from InternationalDrugMart Pharmacy.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

NO - this is gotten only thru a vet as they mix it up for the amount you need for the cat. Its best to take your cat to the vet and have them treat as appropriate. Don't play vet at home. Your cat may have other problems.

• 9 years ago

Even FosterSmith requires a prescription. I'm afraid you have to take your kitty to the vet.

• 3 years ago

It's a good question

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.