i want to upgrade my graphics,on my pc please read and tell me if this graphics card is worth getting?

this is the pc i bought: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt...

i paid extra to upgrade to this motherboard: "ASRock K10N78 With 8200

nVidia8200 Chipset With 16XPCI-E

4 DDR2 Slots/DDR800/Max 16GB

GigaBit LAN/7.1 HD Audio/Blu Ray Support

{nVIDIA 8200TC 1GB Graphics}

i would like to install this graphics card: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&it...

and also installing a cpu water cooling kit.

please tell me if you think its a good idea. thanks

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

Hi John,

First off, ZOTAC GeForce GT 430 would be a nice card if you're a mild gamer or just want to watch HD movies on your PC. GT 430 averages 20-40 fps (frames per second) on most newly released games. Nevertheless, GT 430 is a good upgrade from a built in VC (nvidia 8200).

FYI, Mainstream Cards are ATI Radeon 5770/5750 and Nvidia GT 460. Monster cards are 5870, 5970 and 480. You did not mentioned your CPU that is why i cannot suggest to get these cards instead (they might cause a bottleneck in your system).

And lastly, putting a water cooling system in your PC might be troublesome and there are many things to consider. If you're an overclocker or enthusiast, installing a WCS is a must. But if you're just an average user, check Corsair's H50 if they compatbile with your processor.

Go get the GT 430 if you're a mild gamer who is contented with 20-40 fps game screens.

Go get Corsair H50 if you want your CPU to have WCS.

• 9 years ago

Always install a cpu cooling kit if you don't want the computer to "blow up".

The graphics card looks pretty nice to have but make sure it's compatible with the motherboard's graphics card slot or else it may result in an "unfortunate" event.

• 3 years ago

Be very careful, you will possibly desire to have distinctive your image card because of the fact new pictures playing cards choose real power furnish which grants sufficient amperage with intense performance. I used to have a PSU with 550 Watt and 9 amperage and it wasn't adequate for a image card which required purely 450 Watt yet with a minimum of 36 amperage requirement. it relatively is extremely significant and a tremendous kind of human beings have been given their new pictures card burnt because of the fact of that fake effect. wattage isn't the sole element to contemplate. i will objective that can assist you you in case you place all your pc gadget specs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.