what happens if i take double dose of prozac? can i?

i have celexa 20 mg and prozac 20 mg. i want to take double dose today i feel like i dont give a ***. what will happen if i do this? will it make me feel happier?

Best Answer

It won't make you feel happier. These are meds that establish a balance in your blood and do not act from single dosages. It isn't a good idea to change the dosage yourself or for a single day. While it is likely to not be harmful or cause any problems, it won't likely help.

You need to talk to your doctor before you do any changes to your medication.

If it is urgent and you feel the need to I suggest taking only one half more of what you're taking now.

But if you can, please don't until you see a doctor.

I have tried at least 10 different medications over the years for anxiety and depression. One thing that I have learned, it can mess you up a lot of you make these decisions on your own even if it's just 5 more mgs than i usually take.