What happens if i take double dose of prozac? can i do it?

i have celexa 20 mg and prozac 20 mg. i want to take double dose today i feel like i dont give a ***. what will happen if i do this? will it make me feel happier?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

NO PLEASE DON'T DO IT!! It will not make you feel better. If anything it will make you feel a lot worse tomorrow. Playing with the dosages may bring some bad thoughts into your head. If you are down and feeling bad go do something positive and productive that you enjoy doing. Call your doctor let him or her know about how you are feeling and what has been running through your mind. And if you don't like your current doctor, take your records to a new physician.

Anyways, just know that even though it may not seem like it at the moment, the world is a beautiful place, and you are an even more beautiful product of it. Love yourself unconditionally because you are perfect just the way you are. Life gives you challenges so that you can overcome them and become stronger. Life is a beautiful journey, not a destination.

• Angie6 years agoReport

What a nice person you are. What a truly lovely thing to say. Wish you were my friend. Xx

• 9 years ago

These drugs work by keeping more serotonin in the brain. They take 4 to 6 weeks to work. Taking a higher dose for one day will have no effect. Anti-depressants are not like anxiety pills where you take one to feel better. They are to be taken daily or they will not work.

Source(s): I'm a pharmacist
  • 9 years ago

No it will NOT make you feel happier! Taking more than the prescribed amount can increase the risk of side effects and adverse reactions.

FYI: Overdose may cause nausea, vomiting, fever, sleepiness, rapid or uneven heartbeat, confusion, fainting, seizures, or coma.

• 4 years ago

I had a friend who was a doctor and he told me to take port wine for anxiety. He said it takes a sedative effect. I don t know what will happen if you take it with depressants. I m sure people do. Ask your doctor on your way home from your bar.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

SSRI's do not work as you would imagine them too. Taking an extra dose will do nothing at all.

• cork
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

TAKE MEDICATION AS PRESCRIBED.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.