Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Scientology ? L Ron Hubbard?

Out of interest leaving aside views about the Church of Scientology, Tom Cruise, money or the weird ideas of a few how people here have found the teachings of L Ron Hubbard of interest? What interests you about about it and what puts people here off about it?

Favorite Answer

I don't see one answer in those above mine where the answerer has any first hand knowledge. Just repeating myths off the internet.

What interests me about it is that it works.

http://www.scientology.org

Nothing interests me about it because it is baloney. I like the way you tailored your question in a vain attempt to put people off criticizing it. Sorry fella, not going to work. What puts me off of it are the following points:-

1) firstly, although I don't normally seperate the two meanings - $cientology is a CULT, not a religion

2) They have tax exemption in the US when clearly they are a profit making corporation and not a "religion"

3) I have listened to L r Hubbard talk a number of times on youtube videos of his tv and radio interviews, including all the Xenu BS and quite frankly if you can't tell he is crazier than a fruit bat then you are mad yourself.

4) I have read many articles by former $cientologists and to be honest very little if any were positive

5) Hubbard was quoted as saying the easiest way to make money was invent your own religion

6) I have watched videos of $cientology security acting like they were the police and attempting to seize and physically bully a man and woman who took some pictures near a $cientology HQ

7) Oh yeah, nearly forgot watched a BBC reporter infiltrate $CIENTOLOGY and come back with a report of what she had to do and witnessed some mad man trying to move an ashtray with his willpower.

8) Watched various videos of $cientologists and I find them strange, creepy, deluded and brainwashed individuals.

I hope that sums up quite nicely what my opinion of these people is.

STAY AWAY FROM MONEY CRAZED CULTS PEOPLE

Source(s): common sense and truth

L. Ron Hubbard is the founder of Scientology. Hubbard was an author of cheesy second rate science fiction books who was once quoted as saying, "If you want to get rich just make up your own religion".

And lo and behold a short time later Hubbard done just that. He came up with a religion that mimicked his science fiction conceptualizations of the day complete with the same space vernacular and characterizations of alien beings that he used in his own fictional writings. Even the space ships were of the same descriptions that were to be found within his own works.

According to Scientology's alien history mankind were former aliens called "Thetan's". Us Thetan's at one time were so numerous in a far awy galaxy that the intergalactic warlord "Xenu" rounded us Thetan's up in a giant ship and transported us to earth to Hawaii where we were dumped into a volcano along with a bunch of Hydrogen Bombs to get rid of us (not kidding).

We as Thetan's through our 75million year history have been continually reincarnated from one type of being into another including a stint as clams. Yes, clams. Each one of these reincarnations is called an

"Ingram". These innumerable ingrams conflict with one another in our everyday lives that result in our shortcomings and mental disorders. Thus, the Church can "Audit" you and establish the classroom teachings needed to patch up these personal debacles. And guess what? The Church of Scientology offers these classes for a fee. How nice of them. Once you go through years of these classes you can advance though various "levels" until you reach the state of "Clear". Travolta and Tom Cruz have now reached this state of clear (level 7, I believe).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlfEdJNn15E

Youtube thumbnail

• The Church of Scientology is a vicious and dangerous cult that masquerades as a religion. Its purpose is to make money. It practices a variety of mind-control techniques on people lured into its midst to gain control over their money and their lives. Its aim is to take from them every penny that they have and can ever borrow and to also enslave them to further its wicked ends.

It was started in the 1950s by a science fiction writer named L. Ron Hubbard in fulfilment to his declared aim to start a religion to make money. It is an offshoot to a method of psychotherapy he concocted from various sources which he named "Dianetics". Dianetics is a form of regression therapy. It was then further expanded to appear more like a religion in order to enjoy tax benefits. He called it "Scientology".

Scientology is a confused concoction of crackpot, dangerously applied psychotherapy, oversimplified, idiotic and inapplicable rules and ideas and science-fiction drivel that is presented to its members (at the "advanced" levels) as profound spiritual truth.

It is a religious cult you can not participate in unless you have tons of money. The classes you would have to take to become a member are pretty expensive.

They believe an evil galactic emperor, Xenu, brought millions of his people to Earth, put them around a volcano and exploded an H-bomb. Now the spirits of those people, body thetans, have attached themselves to people.

They believe when you die you will be reincarnated until you learn to free yourself from the body thetans and then you will become a free spirit. Scientology charges lots of money to teach you how to do this.

God bless and thanks for asking <)))><

Should be in Mythology & Folklore or Science Fiction, either category would suit this belief.

Having hired PI's and goons sent after members families really put me off them.

I'm Chris Hansen with Dateline NBC, why don't you take a seat over there?

I think they're almost as nutty as christians.

That's interesting.

• Reggie

just a newer form of nonsense

I have no interest in it whatsoever, their all about power, control and money.