♥ 4katsuki ♥ asked in PetsDogs · 9 years ago

Is docking tails illegal?

Someone on FB who i know has been advertising her boxer puppies as having their tails docked and dew claws removed and selling them for £250. (IN the UK)

...I thought that was illegal? (tail docking) They are not show or working dogs. Just pet dogs. Bred.

I said in the UK not USA.

Best Answer

Only working breeds that you can prove are going to be worked can be docked by a vet but most vets don't like doing it. Boxers aren't one of these breeds. so yes this has been done illegal as no vet will do it . You need to report this advert to the RSPCA as they need to investigate this case. Docking tails is a cuel.

• Steven

Docking of tails is illegal in UK,unless the dog can be proven to be a working dog ie,gun dog etc.Then it can be carried out by a qualified vet.

Source(s): My dog has a legally docked tail.
  • Cheryl

docking tails is illegal in the UK ... dew claws i do not think it is illegal to remove those in the UK ...

"The Kennel Club in the UK has banned the exhibition of dogs with cropped ears or docked tails in dog shows as of 2007."

• Joanne

yes its illegal, except for working dogs of ceartian breeds (mostly terriers and gundogs)

many breeders in england are getting arould the law by having the puppies docked in ireland where it is still legal. there are also some people illegaly docking there pups as well.

• Ella

It's actually not illegal. I think it should be though because I find it very cruel.

It is, apparently, which is dumb. Undocked Boxers just look wrong to me.

• emily

no, it's not illegal. atleast not in wisconsin

EDIT: yea.. i read what you wrote, and i answered your question explaining the knowledge i had. sorry if it's not perfect your highness

no.............................................