Why did God give me a roof over my head with plenty of food on the table and good health?

When there's millions of praying homeless people starving and dying of simple diseases that could be cured easily if they only had the money. Why is it that the ratio is directly proportional between answered prayers and the amount of money someone has?

Update:

@ heartrender, William Shatner said it best in Star Trek V: The Final Frontier when he asked "What does God need with a starship?".

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You rather answered your own question.

If there were a god, who is merciful, all powerful, and kind, why is there so much suffering in the worlds?

No one has ever given me any logical answer to this one....

"OH, he'll be rewarded in heaven." (yeah, sure. Tell that to the kid with the broken bone sticking out of his arm and flies all over it, in Kenya.)

"God works in mysterious ways." (Right on. That will be of real comfort to my grandfather with brain cancer.)

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

Count yourself as blessed, but remember one thing,......Just like in Job, all this that you have, can be taken away in an instant. Are you willing to give up the cost of one meal a day, and not eat one time a day, so that one of the hungry can be blessed? God is waiting.

• 9 years ago

Who says God is the one that gave you that stuff?

@Josephus- It's not always A or B. You do realize there are a whole lot more options out there right?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

lol- YOUR god is probably satan. He likes to lull people along. Have you ever read Hansel and Gretel? You are a clown. God Bless

Source(s): Jesus saves
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

I think you are working with a false premise. God always feeds His children, a Bible promise. So those who are genuinely praying to God their father will be fed. Perhaps they are praying to false gods, not the true God of heaven and earth. Jesus said "look at the birds of the air, your Father in Heaven feeds them, will He not also do for you?" That is why Jesus said that the most important thing to do for poor people is to preach the gospel to them.

• 9 years ago

I think a good education and a well paying job did that.

• 9 years ago

Haven't you heard? He works in mysterious ways. <--The number one all-time ridiculous theist resonse.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

either god has favourites or he doesn't exist.

you decide.

i don't believe in god so why do i have the same as you?

• 9 years ago

He didn't.All gods are imaginary.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.