? asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 10 years ago

Looking for sites or any advice on newborn babies?

Does anybody know sites or places or advice on newborn illnesses I'm due march

Favorite Answer

Newborn illnesses? What illness?

I am a fan of sleep training early, and I like Babywise, Happiest Baby on the Block, and Baby whisperer methods, which are basically eat-play-sleep cycles putting baby to bed drowsy but awake.

You'll probably want to decide if you want to do more of a scheduled baby thing, or an attachment parenting style. Sears is attachment, which is slings, cosleeping etc. The books above are more about sleeping well in a crib. You'll need to decide on breastfeeding or formula feeding, and be ready to defend that decision.

What advise helps you most will depend on the parenting style you choose.

I am more into starting a routine from birth (non attachment style parenting) and here is a youtube site on that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq6k30hCBZQ

Youtube thumbnail

The most important things with newborns is feeding and sleeping - and you have some options there! Also diapers cloth or disposable. Then circumcise or don't for boys. Much of this is controversial, but all decisions for you to make for your child.

Right now, you can focus more on pregnancy, and less on newborns, since you still have a while to go! There are very cool sites for showing you pics of what your fetus looks like right now, and what is safe and unsafe for you while pregnant.

The BEST baby website out there is http://www.kellymom.com

Dr. Sears and Dr. Jack Newman also have sites that are good, but you'd have to google them, I don't know the exact web address.

Babycenter.com

Parents.com

google it and as many as you want will pop up