? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Why are Liberals telling illegals to canvas neighborhoods to vote for democrats? Shouldnt they be deported?

When Maria Gianni is knocking on voters' doors, she's not bashful about telling people she is in the country illegally. She knows it's a risk to advertise to strangers that she's here illegally -- but one worth taking in what she sees as a crucial election.

The 42-year-old is one of dozens of volunteers -- many of them illegal immigrants -- canvassing neighborhoods in the Seattle area trying to get naturalized citizens to cast a ballot for candidates like Democratic Sen. Patty Murray, who is in a neck-to-neck race with Republican Dino Rossi.

Pramila Jayapal, head of OneAmerica Votes, says the campaign is about empowering immigrants who may not feel like they can contribute to a campaign because they can't vote.

"Immigrants really do matter," Jayapal said. "If we can't vote ourselves, we're gonna knock on doors, or get family members to vote."

So far the illegal immigrants going door-to-door aren't meeting opposition. Craig Keller, an organizer for Respect WA, a group pushing for stricter immigration law in the Washington, said he doesn't mind illegal immigrants volunteering for vote drives, he just wants to make sure mistakes on the voter rolls don't allow them to vote.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/10/22/illegal...

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes they should be deported. If an illegal came to my house and did that, I would call ICE

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

They're not, those people are volunteering, you know by a free will.

No one is forcing them to do anything or telling them to. These people have a mind of their own and are aware of the consequences, you can try to spin it anyway you want, but what you say isn't true.

If they caught and it's found out their noncitizens in this country, then they'll have to be deported.

• Chin T
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

YEs, they do that and then they try and pin foreign campaign money on the Chamber of Commerce while it was the Democrats who took so much money from over seas for the 2008 election, we couldn't figure out who was donating in loose change except for the foreign exchange rates.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

When your a liberal you can vote if you are illegal, a felon, more than once , and even when you are dead. Watch and see how many claims will be filled after the Nov election for voter fraud by the Dems

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Where in any of those stories does it say the dems are having them canvas for votes. Just because they are just going to democratic house holds.

Lv 5
    9 years ago

I think its horrible that some illegals go around telling everyone they are illegal and nothing happens to them. They should all be rounded up and deported.

We're just setting a bad example by letting them stay.

• 9 years ago

I don't think liberals or anyone else tell them to canvas neighborhoods. They volunteer.

There are probably some convicted felons out there canvassing neighborhoods, too.

I'm fine with it, as long as they don't try to vote.

• 9 years ago

Liberals live by their own rules. The measures taken to stay in power know no restrictions.

• 9 years ago

absolutely they should be arrested and deported, after they cut the grass and rake the leaves of course, I mean as long as they are there may as well make them do a little work

Source(s): I am a level 7 user so beware of impersonators and demand the real deal! May God bless you and may God keep us safe from the progressive axis of evil;0bama,Pelsoi & Reid.
  • 9 years ago

Liberals will cheat every chance they get when it comes to elections.

They cannot win on their policies.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Obama and democrats are now in charge of being deported

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.