what is the factor that cause slow copy of files in flash drive usb 2.0?

I try to copy file even it is Optimised for performance, but still only get 1 mB/s transfer rate. How I can improve my usb flash drive?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It depends on a few things: your computer's speed; and also I've noticed that if you're transferring a lot of small files/folders, it takes much more time.

Source(s): Personal experience.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

How much does your flash drive have on it? If it's almost full, then it has more to process, taking more time to copy things. Also, how high quality/class is it? If the drive is of a lower quality, then performance will be poor.

Your computer may also have something to do with the slow copying. What are the specs? Windows?Mac? Viruses? Malware? Is the memory almost full?

• 9 years ago

Did you optimize your external drive for "performance" in device manager. It

makes a difference in the through put.

Check the power usage on the USB device. Make sure you have plenty of power.

You may want to try another USB port. What else do you have on the same usb

hub? See what other Bandwidth consuming devices you have.. Check your Device

Manager. Look at the properties of your USB devices and USB Host

Controllers.

• 9 years ago

your processor or usb ports could be old and outdated. the files could be big. you could be transferring a lot of files. the flash drive could be either full, or bad. you could be running other programs while it is copying. there are many possibilities as to why it goes so slow.

one small thing that will make your computer generally a lot faster is if you clean your dick of unneeded crap like cookies, spyware, webpage information, ect...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Erika
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

FAT32-formatted drives can not keep any single document bigger than 4gb. you will the two ought to format the USB force as NTFS or use document splitting application to interrupt the great video document into areas and reassemble it after that is been copied. as quickly as you format a force as NTFS, then that is not readable by potential of Macs, PS3s etc, so there are commerce-offs. i don't think of maximum video document formats shrink lots whilst archived as ZIP records etc. so which you will pass that.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.