Where do you rank Brian Cashman among MLB GMs?

Favorite Answer

I don't see how anyone can rate this guy that high. Who exactly knows how good he is because he has an unlimited money supply? I think any expert fantasy baseball player could do just as well as Cashman. The real skill comes with winning with limited resources. I'm not saying he's good or bad, just saying how do we tell? If they need something they go out and get the best thing available. Not that hard to do.

I think he is one of the top GMs (not the best) in the game today but recent signings are a mixed bag. I think he is a very smart guy but Yankees' tremendous financial resources will always make people downplay his true abilities as a GM.

Among the best. He's been in the Yankees organization since the 80s.

He won the WS last year and came with in a series of going back...Ask the Cub and Pirates fans if they wouldnt mind switching GMs

depends on what he does on the off season. The moves he made after the 2008 season would put him on the top. Last off season would drop him down however.

I would rank him somewhere around top 10, it really depends.

• 0

He is a top GM. He had a bad year - signing Vasquez and not signing Lee - he also needed more lefties in the pen.

• DJT28

Re-ask this questin in April, this is going to be a BIG off season for the Yankees.......

Top five, but not number one. He's made some great signings but some real stinkers too. Still, his team makes the playoffs just about every year.

Dead last. Put him in a situation where he has to deal with a budget and you'd have another Pittsburgh franchise. Any idiot can throw money at players.

Absolute poop this year. He destroyed the outfield platoon from last year, and failed to get decent pitching. ( Javier Vasquez WHO???)