Police scanner frequencies?

Anyone know of any web pages where I can type in a frequency and it will search a data base and find what frequency it is? I did find a few web pages but they want me to pay a ridiculous amount of money for only so many days to use that function. Im looking for a free site.

The frequencies Im trying to figure out what it is, is 937.3875 It sounds like a police channel do to the conversations that go on there. Its heard in the St.Louis Missouri area... so it could be any where near the St.Louis area, meaning Illinois or Missouri. If anyone may know what PD uses this freq please let me know. Thanks

Favorite Answer

You can search the FCC data base at no cost. These are public records and people use them all the time to determine who has a license for a frequency or if a frequency is in use in a particular area when they're trying to license a frequency. There is no problem with you searching their records. I used to do this all the time when I worked in 2-way radio. The link for the FCC is below. Your particular frequency comes up as licensed to Westar Energy Inc. Kansas City, MO. There were no records for St Louis County. Records are grouped by county.

Don't think police would be using that frequency. All I could find was some wireless systems in the St. Louis area that use 900MHz range. Could also be a business or public transportation using that freq. http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1573

From the FCC lookup this belongs to Westar Energy and is part of the trunked system..

Your "police" like channel is probably their security operations for plants and other facilities.

Source(s): Radio system engineer and builder