Step child and private health insurance, already covered under medicaid?

My husband has joint custody and decision making over his daughter. Her mother has her insured under medicaid, but refuses to give the doctor name, location of office and any medical information to the father, even though it's outlined to notify him under court orders. Since we don't have any doctor... show more My husband has joint custody and decision making over his daughter. Her mother has her insured under medicaid, but refuses to give the doctor name, location of office and any medical information to the father, even though it's outlined to notify him under court orders.

Since we don't have any doctor information nor any way to take the child in to the doctor with insurance if we need to when she is in our care, I want to add her on to my private health insurance with me and her father. I have asked the mother if we could do that, and she declined due to the fact that she has no co-pays with medicaid. My husband had contacted a doctor office 2 years ago to find out about the information he would need in order to take his daughter in to the doctor, and he was told he can't without the mother's permission. Really? Permission??

He asked her again recently where his daughter's doctor office is and who the doctor is, and she replied that she had lost the papers and no longer has that information, so she can't give it to him. My step daughter has told me when she goes to the dentist, and when she has a doctor appointment, so we know she still has gone.

Would we be able to cover my step daughter under my insurance without interfering with her mother's lack of co-payments? if medicaid is a secondary form of insurance, will it take care of the primary insurance co-payment? How would we be able to go about doing this?