Are (drawing) tablets hard to use?

I want to get a drawing tablet for my computer, I'm just wondering, is it hard to use one?

I would love to start doing digital art, but will I struggle a lot with it?

(I'm planning to get the "Bamboo FUN")

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Cassie
    Lv 6
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I just got the bamboo fun. It's different than paper, but not hard. You get used to it after playing around with it for an hour or so.

http://neonpony15.deviantart.com/#/d30nmzw

That's the first thing I tried drawing with it...it took me longer than it should have if I was used to the tablet, but it definitely wasn't hard. Mostly, I had to learn photoshop. Using the tablet just feels kind of like drawing naturally after awhile

• 9 years ago

I have a babmoo fun! lol It's actually very easy to use...when you get it, it comes with an installation disk and a disk that teaches you how to use it - like the flicks and the buttons and stuff. It does take some time to get use to but it feel very natural and it makes it one billion times easier to do digital work! I use to do digital work with just a mouse and it would make my hand cramp and I couldn't get nice looking lines - or pen pressure which is very useful and helps sooo much when drawing! (I use Photoshop)

I highly recommend getting a bamboo fun. It's small so I can put it in my folder when I go to class lol You may have to replace you nibs from time to time but you can buy like 10 online for $5 lol

I love my tablet! ^.^

Source(s): Personal experience =)
  • 9 years ago

Drawing tablets?

Well, it definitely feels strange for the first time you try, but you will get used to it after awhile.

(Actually, since I've used it for a pretty long time I just use the pen like my mouse).

Digital art...

The colors, tone, shading matter now-basically because the tools are easier to use. I suggest you do layers to start with. You may struggle at first, but you might want to check out some tutorials online. Trust me, digital art tutorials will help you a LOT. Check out deviantart.com or search up on youtube.com if you need tutorials.

Wait. If you're going to start digital art, do you have a program for it? If you need one, I would suggest Corel or SAI (SAI is difficult if you're just starting though).

Source(s): My experience :D
  • 9 years ago

Good Choice... not hard but unfamiliar to start with, it's like learning how to use a mouse for the first time, strange at the beginning but with practice no problem and not complicated.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.