Where do I start? Both my PC and my bosses PC have the same problem.?

Our computers freeze up very frequently. I'll be doing whatever then I'll notice that the mouse pointer isn't moving anymore because the system has locked up. The only way to get it going again is to do a hard reset. The other circumstance is when watching a video clip either on line or from my hard drive, the video clip sound gets stuck (sounds kinda like a buzz) and the system is locked up. I don't know where to begin. I've already contacted tech support from ATI because I thought that the problem was the video card but they had nothing to say. I can't go to Microsoft for tech support because I purchased the OEM version of Win 7. The follow is a list of some of the particulars on my PC:

OS Description Windows 7 Professional 64bit Version 6.1 Build 7600 Service Pack 0.0

Windows Directory C:\Windows

Administrative Mode YES

Resolution 1920 X 1080

System Hardware

Motherboard

Memory 4091

Hyperthreading No

SMBIOS Version F7

BIOS Version 2.4

CPU Name Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz

CPU Manufacturer GenuineIntel

Clock Speed 2661

ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc

Device ID 0x68be

Vendor ID 0x1002

Subsystem ID 0x2287

Subsystem Vendor ID 0x1787

Location Information bus 1 device 0 function 0

Bus Type PCIE

Maximum Link Width PCI Express X16

BIOS Version 012.019.000.007

BIOS Date 03/08/10

Part Number 113-C01201-XXX

Hyper Memory No

Memory Type GDDR5

Driver Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc.

Driver Package Version 8.702-100202a-095694C-ATI

2D Driver Version 8.1.1.1004

OpenGL Version 6.14.10.9551

Direct3D Version 8.14.10.728

Favorite Answer

start w/ a windows update

also scan using anti spyware and windows defender.

That seems like a fairly new computer so if you have a warranty (and you should if it's less than a year old) call the manufacturer.

If it's less than a year old and you only got a 1yr warranty I'd suggest you contact the manufacturer or wherever you got it from and upgrade to a full 3yr warranty.

If those are flash videos you're watching you may need to update Adobe Flash player although IMO Flash sucks and that may not help much.

• alban

Burnout is notably astounding. properly because your profile is Naruto, you ought to get a number of the Naruto suited Ninja sequence. those video games are notably addicting and might take extremely some time to conquer. The third one is remarkable and in basic terms expenses $13 at Gamestop and have confidence me, its properly worth it. once you're prepared on action picture star Wars, you ought to get action picture star Wars Battlefront 2- yet another astounding game. I additionally enjoyed all the lego video games.