? asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 decade ago

How do I find a good bay area roofing company?

Favorite Answer

A good bay area roofing company is hard to find. Some basics are to make sure they have a roofing license. Get the name of the bay area roofing company and license number then go to bbb online to verify the license. Sometimes scam artist how are unlicensed contractors steal or make up a number.

Ask your friends for referrals to good roofing contractors. But remember they are not expert so look for things like, are they reliable? Do they show up on time? Do they finish on time? There's nothing better then first hand experience.

Plus don't pay all the money upfront and get your contract in writing. Make sure the contract says that labor and materials are included.

Finally you can go on Yelp and see if there are any reviews on them. I found this information at http://www.bayarearoofingca.com/

You find a qualified roofer the same way in every State, City, Town, or municipality. There are 5 main criteria you should follow when

1) Choose someone that you feel comfortable with. If you don't know any roofers then you'll have to do some research on your own. Call around to at least 5 roofing companies in your area. Chances are you will get a feel for how you feel about them as soon as you hear their voice on the phone.

2) Meet with the contractor. Make sure when you decide which contractor you want to take a look at your house, choose 3 of them to see your roof, make sure you set a time that you can meet with the contractor.

3) Ask for names and addresses of references. As with any contractor, don't even consider them if they refuse or hesitate. Any contractor that doesn't have references will not be doing any work at my house.

4)Look for a roofer who's been in business for at least 5 years and has a proven track record. You want the most experience you can get when you are talking abbut protecting one of your most prized possessions, your Home.

5) When you get your estimates, don't always pick the lowest estimate. I usually throw the lowest one and the highest one out immediately. YOU OFTEN DO GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Theres a roofing co. in NY their website is www.clearwaterRoofingNY.com that has a great "Important Info"Tab.

Source(s): www.clearwaterroofingny.com

If you mean Tampa Bay, then go with Benchmark Roofing. I fabricate and install seamless rain gutter, and I see my fair share of hack job roofs, and they are PLENTIFUL in Florida. Benchmark is the ONLY company that I refer out to people, and I do work for many roofing companies.

If you are in Tampa Bay, stay away from "Mickey's Roofing". I do all the gutter work for him too, but I tell you what, I would never in a million years let that guy touch my or anyone I knows house.

Hope that helps.

If your house is less than 10 years old, rent a small commercial catapult and hit 3-6 of your neighbor's roofs with cinder blocks. When the first roofer arrives, enslave him on top of your roof until he fixes it. On the third night, let him watch some Letterman through your 2nd story window.

p.s. keep the catapult

Aussie Shield offers a full range of services including roof and gutter repairs, high pressure cleaning, roof restoration and are specialist installers of guttering, downpipes, roof ventilators and gutter guards allowing you to have your roofing needs completed all at once.

We are an Australian owned & operated and We service Ipswich and Brisbane Areas in South East Queensland .

Bay area? You mean San Francisco, Marin County, Richmond, Oakland, San Jose?

That bay area? Man, I used to LIVE down there.

That was a weird time of my life.

Except...ALL the times of my life were weird.

Why is that?

?? Wait. What were we talking about?

• What is the bay area . I am in Mobile Alabama and I am a roofer

Ask your friends and neighbors for referrals. Also find a local company that does a lot of commercial work. They are usually more experienced.