How can I cover my mirrored closet doors?

I have mirrored closet doors in a room I'm using as an office/study. The closet is still being used for clothes, but I have lots of other mirrors and don't want to have to look at these mirrors every day. The room is fluffy and feminine. Any ideas about how to conceal these mirrors? I was thinking of a curtain, but it's a small room and already has two windows with floor-length sheers. Maybe strings of beads or vertical strings of lights (butterflies?). I love whimsy and imagination. Funky is ok too.

Favorite Answer

Replace the doors with 6 panel doors...it's the most office-look. But for an inexpensive fix, frost them in a lace pattern,. You can get the spray & lace stencils at a craft store. Or get butterfly & flower stencils & add that to the lace!!! Could be a fun project!!!

Source(s): Interior Designer

It just so happens that one of the designing shows on TV had worked with mirrored closet doors.

I always thought that mirrors made a room look larger but in this case the designer said to go to a craft store and buy frosted spray.......and cover the mirrors...it also comes in a variety of colors....and you can always use tape for lines before the procedure just like you would on a wall.....interesting,

I would replace them with closet doors that mimic as close as possible to your entry door into the room. If you can't find a similar set of doors, choose a syle that most resembles your home.

leave the mirrors it makes the room look bigger