What's best ar-15, m-4 carbine, or a ak47 thinking about a assault rifle purchase?

I've already got an AK-47 but it's a Chinese version and it tends to jam alot is typical of ak's or is it just a crap version? I was thinking about a smith and wesson M&P 15 is that a good rifle?
Update: Received the ak second or third hand so I will admit to not knowing a whole lot about them. I clean it but haven't figured out how to stripnit yet. I think the problem is the clip. It jams when cycling the new shell in. It seems as if it cycles more than one shell causing a jam. if I don't fill the clip... show more Received the ak second or third hand so I will admit to not knowing a whole lot about them. I clean it but haven't figured out how to stripnit yet. I think the problem is the clip. It jams when cycling the new shell in. It seems as if it cycles more than one shell causing a jam. if I don't fill the clip past 15 to 20 it doesn't seem to happen. But I have two clips and it happens with both. Maybe I need to get a new banana:
Update 2: As for the ak I have two mags 3\both made by U.S.A. Magazines. Are they known to be quality or crap.
Update 3: i should probably start a new question about the AK but whatever. the "AK" now I'm not sure says on the right side, Made in China by Norinco.................B-West Tuscan AZ.....................7.62x39 sportster. The Left side has a triangular simbol with for other shapes inside two more triangles... show more i should probably start a new question about the AK but whatever. the "AK" now I'm not sure says on the right side,
Made in China by Norinco.................B-West Tuscan AZ.....................7.62x39 sportster.
The Left side has a triangular simbol with for other shapes inside two more triangles on top and 2 trapiziods in the bottom of large triangle Followed by 3 chinese characters The first one is 5 in Japanese characters but i dont know chinese the there is the serial #. Any Idea about this gun? I watched the feild stripping vids on You tube but those russian guns look totally different.
Update 4: well not totally different same basic design but the safety isnt on the side its a trigger pull prevention devise in the trigger guard you flip down. and i beleive the previous owner put a black plastic housing on the weapon there is no wood.
Update 5: well Winobot was right it is indeed a SKS I actually figured it out before he posted but he's right. I didnt realize it was originally a non remoanle clip. I also figured out why I was having such a time feild stripping it. It has a aftermarket composite stock on it and it must be totaly removed from the stock... show more well Winobot was right it is indeed a SKS I actually figured it out before he posted but he's right. I didnt realize it was originally a non remoanle clip. I also figured out why I was having such a time feild stripping it. It has a aftermarket composite stock on it and it must be totaly removed from the stock in order to remove the slide and firing pin, once I figuered that out it was pretty easy to break down. After stripping it I was suprised it was still operating considering how dirty it was. Funny because I got it from a buddy who was a Marine. Anyway took about 4 hours but I got it **** and span clean.I believe the problem is double feeding from the clip because of it not being meant to have a banana clip on it originally thanks Winobot. Now I really have to decide if I want to own an AK or an AR since I no longer have an AK. It is cool that I have a SKS though.so back to the original question. But Winobot wins the ten points since he figured out the SKS isssue! Thanks guys