promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelLatin AmericaEcuador · 10 years ago

Any project ideas for Ecuador?

At school, i have a project of the Americas. Its huge, and i need some ideas for ecuador. its something i could find alot of information about? preferably interesting! :)

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You could talk about the equator itself. Years ago, when the equator was first marked in Ecuador, it was built up (there is a huge monument there, restaurants and shops, and performers - a typical touristy atmosphere). However, at the time, they did not have GPS. So, in more recent years, GPS was used to calculate the exact location of the equator, and it was found to be a bit down the road. It is also now a tourist destination, but is much more organic and representative of Ecuador's culture and history. I think the difference is something like the length of a football field. People visit both - the original is still interesting for the fact that it is incorrect and because of all the resources used to build it up.

You could also talk about the different climates - the beach/coastal areas, the mountains, and the rain forest.

Another option is to discuss the Galapagos Islands - their history, present and future and how tourism affects the ecosystem there.

Finally, maybe you could talk about the indigenous people, many of whom still speak Quechua. There are little communities throughout the Amazon basin that you might be able to research.

Source(s): I've been there.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.