Camaro help I have a 305 tbi in a 92 camaro. do i junk this motor or try to build it. looking for something?

lookng for something that runs better is not so doggish. not looking to race or drag race. i dont know how to trick out this tbi. even if i do headers and poly mounts and radiator etc etc i dont know if i should just give up on the idea of a 305 or not. should i be looking for a 350 4 bolt main. i dont really want... show more lookng for something that runs better is not so doggish. not looking to race or drag race. i dont know how to trick out this tbi. even if i do headers and poly mounts and radiator etc etc i dont know if i should just give up on the idea of a 305 or not. should i be looking for a 350 4 bolt main. i dont really want to spend a lot or get crazy i would love to just upgrade what i have but dont know enought to do anything in terms of a tweak or upgrade. this car has all the stock sensors and vac stuff and air cleaner housing and i dont know if i should just throw a new intake and carb on it or be looking for a new throttle body that is kinda plug and play so to speak. i noticed this car has a map sensor and allt he cars that i saw had those from early 90's run doggish to me. most i have talked to told me forget doing anything to the 305 u cant make it better at all get a 350 4 bolt main. end of story. like i said i dont want to race but wish i had the tuned port injection motor. lt1 etc etc.
Update: i just found out that i have the 3.73 posi lim slip rear end. it has the GT4 G80 code.
Update 2: i bought poly axle bumpers and poly trans mount and engine mounts from energy suspensions. just sayin. i want to get a set of headers with ceramic coating. im looking at around $400 but dont know if get shortys and do they come with bolts and or studs?
9 answers 9