Lv 5
Kendra asked in PetsHorses · 1 decade ago

Is this just vetwrap or what?

I see sometimes people have some color on the bottom of their stirrups. Do they just wrap them in vetwrap or what?


Those only come in black greg, these are something different.

Update 2:

Where man WHERE!? I've seen the colored regular fillis style pads from dover, but never wraparounds. If you know where to get them, PLEASE tell me!! Automatic BA.

Update 3:

Yeah, I've seen those too freshpaint. But they don't wrap around like the ones in the pic.

6 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    You can use vetwrap but some people use special pads they buy. Some barrel racers around here do that they just use vetwrap(or something similar) in their barrel color and wrap it around for extra grip on the stirrups. I haven't seen it in English riders around here though(of course I haven't seen many cross country or endurance riders either.

  • Greg B
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    It's a special stirrup pad that you can get that should help avoid your foot coming out of the stirrup.

    EDIT - It is true that particular model only comes in black, but I have seen other colors elsewhere.

  • Driver
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    It could be vetrap or it could be colored stirrup pads. It's kind of hard to tell in your link, but I think that might be vetrap.

  • 1 decade ago

    some people use vet raps others use the collars stirup bottoms others use paint 0.o


  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    Ta da!

    LOL I've seen them here before. ;)


  • 1 decade ago

    yep they do.. for grip most the time

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.