Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
When are dog tags authorized?
when should soldiers wear dog tags?
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
1. When flying on aircraft
2. When deployed outside of the continental US
3. Whenever directed to
Army Regulation 670-1, Chapter 1, Para 1-16
1–16. Wear of identification tags and security badges
a. Identification (ID) tags. The wear of ID tags is governed by AR 600–8–14.
(1) Soldiers will wear ID tags at all times when in a field environment, while traveling in aircraft, and when outside
the continental United States.
(2) Personnel will wear ID tags around the neck, except when safety considerations apply (such as during physical
- Curt JLv 71 decade ago
The regulations for all branches of the US military require they be worn 24/7.Source(s): Curt Jones SFC, USA Retired
- ROBERTLv 71 decade ago
The only reason a person in the military wears dog tags is to identify their dead body.
- 1 decade ago
When you're in uniform, and everything redleg said. Also just FYI you shouldn't wear then with civilians and if you do, you have a higher change of being mugged-especially if you wear them outside of your shirt.Source(s): I've seen people get robbed and beat up!
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- rgchappellLv 61 decade ago
- 6 years ago
sophisticated aspect. look from yahoo. that can assist!