Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

Who knows more about the Constitution Obama or Palin?

Update:

Harvard Law or University of Idaho

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Do you recall the Vice-Presidential debate with Joe Biden, when she said something about not remembering what Article II of the Constitution said about the Vice President's legislative powers and he had to point out the legislative duties of the Vice President are spelled out in Article I?

How about when she declared Dr. Laura's First Amendment rights were being violated when other members of the public disapproved of her bout of n*gger Tourettes, because Sarah mistakenly thinks the First Amendment says no one's allowed to disagree with her opinions, instead of declaring the government is not allowed to interfere with one's right to express them?

Then, there was the time she declared the Pledge of Allegiance should have the words "under God" in it because having them in there was good enough for the Founding Fathers, so it was good enough for her... without finding out the Pledge of Allegiance was written over a century after the Constitution was, and that the words "under God" weren't added until over half a century later?

Plus, there is the fact she supports teaching creationism in schools despite the fact the Supreme Court ruled in Edwards v. Aguillard that doing so is a direct violation of the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment.

If that's not enough, need we forget her interview with Bill O'Reilly in which she claims the Constitution of the United States was obviously crafted from Biblical principles and acknowledges our rights come from God (it does not), and that the Ten Commandments hang in the Supreme Court chambers (they do not... Adolph Weinman, the artist who designed the Supreme Court chambers, has stated explicitly the tablets with the Roman numerals I-X on them are a representation of the Bill of Rights, not the Ten Commandments).

And who can forget that time, during the 2008 campaign, when she tried to claim she had military experience because she commanded the Alaska National Guard? Of course, she didn't. The governor's authority only extends to local, non-military operations such as emergency rescue response. In the case of an actual military situation, the National Guard reports to the Pentagon like every other military organization does, and she has jack-all to say about it.

In fact, I cannot recall a single instant where Sarah Palin has said anything about the Constitution of the United States that is correct, or anything she's said about the document that's substantive, for that matter.

Come to think of it, she inadvertantly admitted to committing a Constitutional crime in the 2008 Presidential campaign (she stated she had conducted state negotiations with Russia, an act the Constitution specifically forbids any state in the Union from engaging in).

It's difficult to have a track record that awful on the Constitution and get through Harvard Law School, let alone become President of the Harvard Law Review or get a job being a professor of Constitutional Law and keep the job for twelve years. So my money is on Barack Obama knowing more about the Constitution than Sarah Palin.

• 10 years ago

You don't have to go to Harvard Law or University of Idaho to know the Constitution. Palin knows the Constitution. Obama knows just enough to make him dangerous. Obama would like to HOPE and CHANGE the Constitutiion.

• Draco
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Palin, since she believes in them and Obama doesn't. Obama made the comment that the Constitution was nothing more than "negative laws", while his Chief of Staff, wrote out a "new" Bill of Rights they both felt was more current.

Not sure how anyone can claim anything about Obama and his scholastic records, since he pays to keep them "secret" from the public. Even Obama's ONE and only review while he was the Law Review President, wasn't released. I think that says it all for this "man".

• 10 years ago

Gonna have to go with the guy who used to teach the Constitution for a living.

Also, Palin's puppet who she supported in Delaware, Christine O'Donnell, didn't even know about the separation of church and state in the Constitution, so that tells you something.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Palin. Obama is a Constitution tinkerer.

The Constitution is fundamentally flawed"

- Barack Obama

Source(s): We have judges to work the Constitution. Palin has run a successful economy. What has Obama done?
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

You mean the pancake house on Constitution Street in Wasilla? Sarah knows that place well. She moonlighted as a waitress while "Governor" of Alaska.

• 10 years ago

well i've heard idaho college is a pretty good school

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Palin can't differentiate between her @$$ and her elbow - I don't think she knows jack about the constitution. She's dumber than a doornail.

• 10 years ago

That's really funny. But if you ask a tea partier, they will probably answer Palin.

• 10 years ago

im sure they both know whats in the constitution. the big question is who cares more for it. the answer is Ron Paul

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.