What is the national tree of Spain?

I'm doing a report on Spain for my Spanish class and I can't find what the national tree is. Would anyone care to help me?

Oh, and if people would give me examples of some places of interest in Spain (pictures, please. It's a poster.)

Thank you for your time!

Update:

Oh, and if you could help me find pictures of Spainish people?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Go to google and use thier image search. Here are some key words that will help put you on the right track:

TREE

I'm not aware of a Spanish National Tree, however the Madroño (or Strawberry tree) is a symbol of Madrid, the capital. Google that for photos. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_the_City_of_M...

If I were to chose a tree to symbolize Spain, I would chose either the olive (olive oil made in spain is high quality and exported all over the world) or the Encina (holm oak) whose acorns (bellotas) are used to feed the iberian black legged pig used to make, Jamón Iberico de Bellota - the most top quality cured ham.

PLACES OF INTEREST

The Torro Osborne (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4M119ht_iDs/SxTLRt3sAWI/... - these bulls were origionally publicity for Osborne Sherry, and an be found at the side of most motorways.

The Alhambra (Arabic Palace in Granada)

The Sagrada Familia (Gaudí designed cathedral in Barcelona)

La Boquería (Traditional Market in Barcelona)

El Palacio Real (Royal Palace in Madrid)

La Plaza Mayor de Madrid (Main Square Madrid)

Toledo (Search for the city name for a view of the medieval centre, or Toledo Bridges, for the ancient bridges over the Tajo river)

La Giralda (Cathedral in Seville)

Santiago de compostela (Pilgrims from alll over europe/the world come to visit this cathedral)

Ordesa (Spectacular mountain views in this natural park in the pyrenees)

Gugenheim Museam (Bilbao)

Segovia acueducto (Segovias famous aqueduct)

Piramides Tenerife (Did you know the canary islands have aztec style pyramids?)

Famous beaches/cliffs (Cabo del gata / zahara de los atunes / playa de las catedrales)

I could go on for ever....

PEOPLE: Here are some famous spanish people you could google for pictures:

SPORTS

Football: Spain are currently the European and World champions. Iker Casillas is the captain and other players include Pepe Reina (Liverpool), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona), and Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid) You could google for a photo of the Spanish Team, in their red kit/blue.

Basket ball: The Spanish team are European Champions, and came 2nd in the world rankings. Their most famous player (although he is currently not on the team) is Pau Gasol who plays in the NBA for Lakers, and his brother Marc Gasol also who plays in the NBA for the Grizzlies.

Tennis: Rafa Nadal is the number 1 in the world. He has won 9 grand slams, 8 olympic medals, and much more. He also appeared with Shakira in the video for her song gypsy.

Motorcycling: Jorge Lorenzo is the 2010 world champion of MotoGP, and Toni Elias won Moto2. The 125cc champion is not yet known, but till also be spanish. Angel Nieto, has won 13 (12+1) world titles.

Cycling: Samual Sanchez took the 2008 the olympic road race gold medal. Alberto Contador has won the tour de france in 2007, 2009 and 2010. Miguel Indurain won the tour de France 5 times in 1991-5.

ENTERTAINERS: (Internationally known)

Actors/Actresses: Penelope Cruz, Paz Vega, Javier Bardem, Antonio Banderas

Singers: Enrique Iglesias, Julio Iglesias, Lola Flores, Rocio Durcal, Placido Domingo (of the 3 tennors), Joaquin Sabina, Alejandro Sanz, David Bisbal

MORE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Spa…

OTHERS:

On your poster you might want to include some spanish food/customs:

Jamón Iberico

Paella

Flamenco

Feria de Sevilla

semana santa procesiones

semana santa antonio banderas (for double points, you get customs, and a famous spaniard participating)

caballos andaluces (dancing horses) / Feria del caballo

Good luck

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

In Europe, we do not have national birds, national flower, national tree, national insect, or any of that American kind of stuff. We may have emblematic birds, plants and trees but that is something else. We do not need it. We do not feel that any race of bird is superior to any other, and so on. We are not insecure. There is a Carnation show in the next town from me but so what. Afterthought. I feel challenged. I do NOT agree with Wikipedia. The national flag has only a lion. So I suppose that has to be the national animal. Spain has no official national bird. If it had, it would be 'el aguila imperial' If it had a flower, it would be the carnation. If it had a tree, it would be the olive If it had an animal, it would be a big black Osborne bull. But it does not. What about the quebrantahuesos, the rose, the cork oak, or the donkey.(Catalans have donkey symbols on their cars!) or the desman or the Iberian lynx? All emblematic, but not official flora or fauna. Even WORSE that bird, the Short-toed Eagle, has the Latin name of 'circaetus gallicus'. Gallicus means 'from Gaul' so it is a French bird by definition! Total nonsense. Growl. Americans in Spain should not try to Americanise the local culture. .

• 9 years ago

There's no such thing as a national tree.

The most common things are olive tree in the south, the orange tree in the east, the holly oak and the oak in the center, the eucalyptus in the north.

Places of interests:

Granada and its Alhambra

Barcelona and its Gaudi monuments

Segovia and its Alcazar and aqueduct

Ávila and its walls

The north coast and its green prairies and intense cliffs

The pyrinees and its snowy mountains

The mediterranean coast and its beaches

The canary islands and its volcanoes

Just google this things and pick the pics you like most

About spanish people, an easy thing is to pick spanish actors, politicians, tv reporters and soccer players, like

Maxi Iglesias actor

Elsa Pataky actress

Antonio Banderas actor

Penélope Cruz actress

Alberto Nuñez Feijoó politician

Bibiana Aído politician

Raquel Martínez tv reporter

Matías Prats tv reporter

Xabi Alonso soccer player

Almudena Cid, gymnastic

• 3 years ago

The Canary Islands are identified if you are the sunlight center of Europe! See this sun with hotelbye . Canary Islands provide a delicate conditions and a selection of exceptional natural attractions. Five of its eight islands have been stated a Biosphere Reserve, and the archipelago has four national parks. The absolute most exceptional attractions in Canary Islands will be the beaches because they're only ideal for relaxing in sunlight or experiencing water sports such as windsurfing and scuba diving. In Canary Islands you may also be impressing by the interior appeal like: climbing, routine touring, climbing and even caving. Some of the very most magnificent attractions of Canary Islands are: the volcanic scenery of Lanzarote, the beaches of Fuerteventura and Gran Canaria using their mud dunes, or the natural forests of La Palma and La Gomera.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

In Tenerife you can do any such thing you feel like any day of the season because of its climate, normal environments and tourist infrastructure created for enjoyment for the household and this place is the right place for an excellent holiday and with hotelbye you will get it. In Tenerife are a lot of points waiting for you to learn and one particular is in the south west shore of Tenerife. A spot that's a magnificent location for watching whales free in the ocean. Around 26 species are observed just off the coast, including baleen whales, killer whales, dolphins, pilot whales and also blue whales. In Tenerife you may also see The Teide National Park. At 3,718 metres, Teide volcano is Spain's best top and its two ecosystems make the rise an event packed with contrasts.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.