If you are over 50 years old do you mind being called a "senior citizen?"?

I'm 69, a few months short of being 70, and it sort of bothered me at first, but now I don't mind. One reason: discounts. My goodness, they sure have a lot of them for senior citizens, and if they gave a discount for being ugly I'd make a face! Seriously, some people don't like being called... show more I'm 69, a few months short of being 70, and it sort of bothered me at first, but now I don't mind.

One reason: discounts. My goodness, they sure have a lot of them for senior citizens, and if they gave a discount for being ugly I'd make a face!

Seriously, some people don't like being called senior citizens. If you are over 50 and one of these, what would you rather be called? I respond to "older," "elderly," even "geezer." (Sometimes.) You can call be "gramps," or "grandpa," though only if you are a child of one of my sons. (And I better know about ALL of those!)

What say you?

(Ladies and gents both welcome to share here.)
Update: Thank you, Lovechild. Flattery will get you everywhere with me! (Actually, I am still a fairly young person at heart and hope to always be.) One think I haven't particularly wanted to be called is "Old Timer." I've been called that a few times. I don't make an issue of it, it just... show more Thank you, Lovechild. Flattery will get you everywhere with me! (Actually, I am still a fairly young person at heart and hope to always be.)

One think I haven't particularly wanted to be called is "Old Timer." I've been called that a few times. I don't make an issue of it, it just isn't my favorite thing to be called.

Age-related issues: Driving. I'm still a pretty good driver, better than a lot of guys who are a lot younger than I am. I drive a stick shift car. If I ever feel I am "losing it" as a driver I will voluntarily give up driving. I don't see that any time soon.

Employment: People my age are good employees. Our attendance is usually better than most younger workers. We're loyal employees and often will accept a lower wage if we have other income. Unfortunately a lot of employers are looking for younger faces. Sad.

Family: Some family members look up to me as an older family member--some are more "me-centered." I do appreciate respect, when it comes.