What is the adverage cost of living for a newly married couple?

House

Insurance

food

gas

electric

ect...

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Marina
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It all depends on where you live....really. Houses vary, insurance varies, food varies, gas and electric etc ALL vary. It's not cheap.

• 1 decade ago

all of the things you are asking about are factored by the location where they might live. if you are talking annual, here is a guesstimate for the los angeles area:

housing basic costs $225K up, monthly payments around 1500 or so. rental for say a two bedroom appartment, anywhere from 900-1300 plus.

insurance health insurance, again many variables in estimating this, around 300 plus/month

food for two people, four to five hundred a month

gas for an automobile and again depending on where they live and where they work, around

one to two hundred per month.

heating/cooking gas around 25 per month

electric depends on how often they run their a/c, can be 100-300 per month

and of course there are many etc's, child care, entertainment, etc.

no matter how you look at it, it costs a couple a lot to live in l.a. if they were say in minot, north dakota, costs would be cut at least by fifty percent.

• Elle
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

My fiance and I are looking to move in together by next month. We've done our calculations. Every month, for apartment, and utilities alone will be around $1500 not including insurance, gas, or food. We live in California

• 1 decade ago

My husband and I are newlyweds, we're barely living off about $1300 a month. We get by, but it'd be more comfortable with a little more money, sometimes we don't have much to eat.

We live in Oregon

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.