What is the adverage cost of living for a newly married couple?

House

Insurance

food

gas

electric

ect...

• Marina
    Favorite Answer

It all depends on where you live....really. Houses vary, insurance varies, food varies, gas and electric etc ALL vary. It's not cheap.

all of the things you are asking about are factored by the location where they might live. if you are talking annual, here is a guesstimate for the los angeles area:

housing basic costs $225K up, monthly payments around 1500 or so. rental for say a two bedroom appartment, anywhere from 900-1300 plus.

insurance health insurance, again many variables in estimating this, around 300 plus/month

food for two people, four to five hundred a month

gas for an automobile and again depending on where they live and where they work, around

one to two hundred per month.

heating/cooking gas around 25 per month

electric depends on how often they run their a/c, can be 100-300 per month

and of course there are many etc's, child care, entertainment, etc.

no matter how you look at it, it costs a couple a lot to live in l.a. if they were say in minot, north dakota, costs would be cut at least by fifty percent.

• Elle

My fiance and I are looking to move in together by next month. We've done our calculations. Every month, for apartment, and utilities alone will be around $1500 not including insurance, gas, or food. We live in California

My husband and I are newlyweds, we're barely living off about $1300 a month. We get by, but it'd be more comfortable with a little more money, sometimes we don't have much to eat.

We live in Oregon