Laur asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 9 years ago

What should I do to grow my hair long?

I cut my hair for locks of love in the beginning of september. i took 10 inches off and now i miss my long hair. how can i get it to grow back fast? thanks!

Favorite Answer

It may grow very slowly or none at all if you've straightened your hair in the past.

You get the strength & all your vitamins & minerals & proteins FREE from the good foods you eat from Mother Nature, not made by man like John Frieda or GNC, and no shampoo can help grow hair, not even those made for horses. Horses don't abuse their hair, using heating tools, and they eat better than people, but it won't add more hair & make their hair longer faster.Shampoo intended for animals may contain insecticides or other medications for treatment of skin conditions or parasite infestations such as fleas or mange. These must never be used on humans.

Prenatal vitamins don't make your hair grow. Pregnant women have to start taking care of their bodies when they're pregnant, meaning stop smoking, drinking, dyeing or perming their hair SO OF COURSE their hair start growing again. But it has nothing to do with their hair, it has something to do to help the development of their unborn child.

"Foods for Healthy Hair" - the website had moved, type it in. Two others also:

http://www.webmd.com/skin-beauty/features/top-10-f...

http://www.menshealth.com/spotlight/hair/best-food...

Fruits, vegetables, legumes, and whole grains all supply B-complex vitamins, like biotin, folic acid and vitamin B12, as well as vitamin A, copper and zinc, which are all necessary for remedying dry, brittle hair and nourishing a healthy scalp. Some prime examples of foods that contain these nutrients for healthy hair include:

·                     Folic Acid - asparagus, beets, broccoli, avocados, Brussels sprouts, beans, chickpeas, soybeans, lentils, oranges, fresh peas, turkey and spinach.

·                     Biotin - cauliflower, liver, salmon, carrots, bananas, cereals, yeast, and soy flour. Keep in mind that biotin content is reduced when food is cooked or preserved.

·                     Vitamin B12 - foods rich in vitamin B12 include animal protein (such as beef, lamb, and veal), clams and oysters, liver, fish, milk, and egg yolks.

·                     Vitamin A - butter, egg yolks, fish, fortified milk, organ meats (such as

liver), and dark green, orange, red, and yellow fruits and vegetables, which all

contain beta-carotene.

. Copper - oysters and other shellfish, whole grains, beans, nuts, potatoes and organ meats are good sources of copper. Dark leafy greens, dried fruits such

as prunes, cocoa, black pepper, and yeast are also sources of copper in the diet.

•   Zinc – beef, eggs, liver, pork, poultry, and oysters. Also is also abundant in other high-protein foods, like cheese, legumes and nuts.

If having a lush, beautiful mane of healthy hair is important to you, don’t just look to hot oil treatments and shine emollients. Eat these foods for healthy hair and say “bye-bye” to bad hair days.

According to BBB Wise Giving Alliance Report web site

(see above), "DOES NOT MEET 1 Standard for Charity

Accountability. 

CEO Jennifer Cox annual salary $48, 388 Dec. 2001 to

Nov. 2002.

Hair sales:  $150,719 (Nov. 2002)

Total income: $374.543 (Nov. 2002)

Locks of Love is a SCAM! They get lots of donations,

but only give away a small percentage of wigs, and

that they profit from all the "extra" donations they

get (by selling it and paying themselves big

salaries), and that they are fooling people into

giving their hair to help.

Sources:

I know hair. I have 4 decades of hair know-how. I have silky, shiny, soft, smooth very healthy hair down to my knees. Previously damaged by perming & dyeing in the 80's & 90's. I've known people in their 30's whose hair stopped growing from ironing their hair in the 70's.

Source(s): I know hair. I have over 4 decades of hair know-how. I have silky, shiny, soft, smooth very healthy hair down to my knees. Previously damaged by perming & dyeing in the 80's & 90's. I've known people in their 30's whose hair stopped growing from ironing their hair in the 70's.
  • 3sa

so try this...regular trims are a must, about every 7-9 weeks.(if your hair is really healthy then up the trims to about every 12 weeks, a trim is just a snip off the ends) if its been awhile since you have had a trim then inches may be called for to get to healthy hair. i use vitamin e on fresh washed hair.(its a vitamin that can be purchased where you buy vitamins, cut open capsule, squeeze into hand, rub hands together and apply to hair) dont message into scalp. if you get too much then just rewash it. hair will feel slightly sticky until dry then it will be nice and soft. it tames the frizzies, deep conditions and makes hair grow about three in a month. it takes about a month for the growth part of the e to kick in. the other benefits are instant. dont brush your hair but maybe three or four times a week to message the scalp,dry hair, never wet, i use a wide tooth comb at other times. brushing breaks off hair. biotin is cheap and also promotes hair regrowth and growth. i also have the biotin shampoo that i got from a vitamin store online.(puritans pride.com or vitadigest.com) five bucks for a big bottle and a big bottle of E is about 8 bucks. the biotin is about 3 bucks. i now take my fingers and message my scalp about five times a week, along with the brushing thats a good way to do it without damaging your hair. apply two or three capsules of e to dry hair and message into scalp and hair really well, put damp towel in microwave for 1 min to get hot, then quickly wrap head, a dry towel can be placed over that to help hold in the heat, leave on for 15 min, shampoo well, makes an excellent hot oil treatment. good luck, AND some people will argue about regular trims, your hair does grow from the roots, yes, but if your hair is not trimmed at the bottom, the it splits, get dry and brittle not to mention thin looking from no trims at all and frizzy. then your hair starts to break off at the bottom and giving you the appearance that it never grows. so to make hair grow as fast as possible and keep it healthy, then trims are an essential part of hair care. look on a ruler and check out less then half an inch and if your salon does not know what that is then take a ruler with you, i have. i added beta carotene vitamins to my regimen. i found out that along with the biotin it is very very good in promoting hair growth. they were five bucks for a bottle of 100. got them at walmart. the biotin and e can also be purchased at walmart, and adding all this up is pretty cheap to get great hair. the shampoo is now available in the new food lion stores.

• Mary

There are many methods to make our hair grow faster, shine , glitter in natural ways without using chemicals. Learn here https://bitly.im/aNWn3 Men, and sometimes women, notice that their hair is thinning prematurely for several different reasons. Age, menopause, pregnancy, genetics, illness, and other factors all play a role in hair loss. Sure, you can use drugs or you can go in for a hair transplant or fusion, but sometimes the easiest, most inexpensive solution, is to try to stop hair loss naturally.

the only thing you can really do in this case is keep it healthy. do not dye it, do not blow-dry or straighten it more than necessary and use shampoo designed to make hair stronger. your hair might still take a while to grow back (10 inches is a lot of length), but if you're patient, it will grow back healthy and shiny.

Hi,

Can you really make your hair grow faster? The answer is no. The speed of growing is on your genes. But because of different factors our hair does not grow with its maximum speed. If you eliminate things that slow down hair growth, hair will grow faster. What factors slow down hair growth?

1: Nutrition

2: Wrong Hair Care

3: (and the list goes on)

There are more factors and solutions for you and you can read them all from the following web page

http://www.iknowhair.com/how-to-make-your-hair-gro...

Check it when you have time and you will not regret it.

• jahna

It could be very major that you simply get the entire nutrients you have to develop powerful, healthful hair, and to develop it quick! Folic acid is meant to be excellent for serving to with hair development, and will also be taken in nutrition style. Also, there are nutrients to be had known as "Hair, Skin, and Nails" which might be a blend of vitamins and minerals which might be major to keeping the wellbeing and development of, you guessed it- hair, dermis, and nails. Good good fortune, I'm definite you are hair goes to be watching beautiful in a flash!

Zinc makes your hair grow faster. You can but tablets with zinc in. Also, when I had an infection in my thumb my doctor told me to eat raw jelly because it makes nails grow faster, which was in my thumb, then he said it also makes hair grow faster.

There is a special shampoo and conditioner that is called mane and tail it shall make it grow fast i have used it for years.remember to use both because it helps it more.

you should change up ur shampoo and conditioner to keep up with season changing. when you do that, make sure to massage the scalp during each wash, don't scratch it, just use the tips of ur fingers to massage the scalp front to back and repeat again with the conditioner if you like.

Itch, you should cut your hair cause the more times you cut it the longer it will get. (: and don't forget to wash itt.