Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 10 years ago

in the state of alabama what are the laws for an annulment?

i am 18 years old and just recently got married in march, i haven't saw my husband in three months he told me to get my stuff and get out of his house we were through but now he won't help pay for a divorce. can i get my marriage annulled?

• WRG
    Favorite Answer

Conditions or grounds that would permit filing for an annulment in Alabama would be: Fraud & Duress-Fraud would be your mate misrepresenting something important to you or cheating you somehow, duress would be if your spouse forced or threatened you to get married, Underage marriage-Either you or

your mate were under 14 at the time of marriage, that would be considered null and void under the drugs- If either of you were under Alabama annulment laws, Under the influence of alcohol or drugs- If either of you were under the influence when the ceremony took place, that would qualify for a marriage, the influence when the ceremony took place, that would qualify for a marriage annulment, Bigamy, or the existence of a prior marriage-If you or your mate had another legal marriage going at the time of your marriage, courts would likely issue an annulment, Impotency-If either of the spouses cannot consummate the marriage, the marriage is considered void. You can also file for an Alabama annulment according to Alabama annulment laws using this ground: Incest or Consanguinity-Consanguinity is marrying someone too closely related by blood. A petition for annulment is accepted if the marriage took

place between close relatives like, father, mother, nephew, sister,uncle or aunt, which violates Alabama annulment laws. If you have married any such relative, you can get an annulment in Alabama according to Alabama annulment laws.

Annulment In Alabama

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): state alabama laws annulment: https://tr.im/LAalP
  • Neilis

Normally I'm not one to advocate stuff like this, but in this case, since he's apparently being a douche, I'd go through the standard divorce process. Lets just say "his house" might be "your house" after all is said and done.

Picked a real winner didn't you?