Movie Poll: The Karate Kid 1984 vs The Karate Kid 2010?

BQ: Why

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

Inspirational family classic. Cheesy but heartwarming.

2010...Booo! 1st off, homeboy cannot act and only got the role cuz of daddy. 2nd, IT's called the KARATE kid, not the KUNG Fu KID. So why is he being trained by a chinese sifu and Not a JAPANESE SENSEI. Mr. MIYAGI was japanese and Daniel was an Italian from Jersey. They ruined the whole story line.

• 5 years ago

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

1984. Prefer Ralph Macchio

• 9 years ago

The first karate kid is a master piece, mr miyagi is amazing so are his quotes "ambition without knowledge is like a boat on dry land" it's a great story, the way the teacher and student become so close. the remake is so rubbish first of all the kid is black and hes like 2 years old, ontop of that he can NOT act, his daddy obviously pulled some strings for him to be in the film.

Source(s): me
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

1st of all there is Pat Morita, and Ralph Macchio.

2nd it's just an all around great movie and nothing is better than the original.

3rd the song "The Best" that gets played durning the tournament is just amazing, really gets you going for the final match.

• 9 years ago

1984 100 times better no comparison. it is the original story line. original grass hopper. and the new one ends pretty much the same way, you would think they could at least change it up in a few different ways; altough, they do not.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

1984 was a classic. 2010 just didn't do it for me.

• 9 years ago

well i'm going to say 1984

because the karate kid isnt supposed to be black

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.