Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWinter SportsSnowboarding · 10 years ago

Buttery Jib Snowboards?

I'm looking for a new board that will be great on the rails. The prefered flex for me is a 3. And "rail ready" detuned edges are needed too. Any good boards come to mind right away?

Favorite Answer

For an informed suggestion, please provide your weight and foot size. As a general suggestion, the Bataleon Evil Twin is unreal.

Please read the following if you have a minute:

Trying to get an accurate idea of how a specific board will flex in comparison to others? Watch out! There is more marketing misinformation and straight out nonsense published about flexibility than about most other elements of snowboard fit. Finding the correct flex (stiffness and feel) is crucial, but it won't be found in a single number printed on a fit chart.

Let's clear one thing up straight off. There is no industry standard for flex. That is to say, what one company considers a "4" has no direct relation to another company's "4" or "Medium Soft", or "Less Harsh". That's correct, boards that carry the same number may (and usually do) have an entirely different feel.

OK, so that makes it tricky to compare one brand to another, but what about within a brand? Even here, big problems exist. Most brands are still putting a single flex rating on an entire model. That is to say, this year's Travis White pro model gets a flex rating of "2", but what? It's rated a 2 in both 149 cm and in 163 cm? Hey now, the chart says that those two sizes are rated for riders separated by 70 lbs, how can the flex rating be the same? Wait, you say, they are rating the overall flex of the model so it could be compared to other models of the same brand of a similar size. The problem there is that board designer’s change the flex of each model at different size breaks to achieve the feel that they are after for that specific model. In other words, the difference in flex between a 149 and a 154 in one model may be far greater than the flex difference between those same sizes in another model. Additionally, many times a rider will be deciding between two sizes of the same model. Does the 157 really have the same flex as the 159? If so, why are the weight ratings for those sizes so different?

The biggest confusing factor, however, comes from the improvements in flex control technologies that have evolved over the past decade. A board that is designed to have a buttery soft tip and tail with a firm mid section flexes far differently than a constant flex board designed for a similar rider size. It is not that it is necessarily more or less flexible, but that the flex characteristics are entirely different. To get around this issue, certain companies have switched from a flex rating to a feel rating. This is a step from bad to worse. There is simply no way to compare these complex relationships in a single number or term. It would be equal to comparing a tangerine to a pineapple using a fruitiness scale, rated 1 to 10.

What is the answer? The only way to figure out the flex component is to dig deeper. Getting the info on the core weight range that a model and size were developed for and understanding the flex characteristic of that model is the only way to get the correct flex for your needs.

Jib Snowboards

Check this one out at a smaller size than you're accustomed to.

http://www.dogfunk.com/capita-stairmaster-snowboar...

Capita is king in the park, but if you don't like it, I'd suggest the Rome Artifact like someone above said. I rode one of my friend's last year while he rode my Capita and it's definitely nice and buttery. Hope that helps!

Source(s): dogfunk.com

i would check out anything forum if you want urban and theyre good for park too. check out the burton whammy bar for sure...hah looking in my burton good book its got rail ready, feel 3, and is a jibbing board. personally i use the burton blunt as my park board but it de-lammed in 2 places so i had to get it epoxied...

Source(s): experience, the burton good book

rome artifact is too buttery. and it has bronze edges, thus wearing out fairly fasy. go with the capita horrorscope fk. 3/10 on flex.

• Louise

From those I would pick the Rome Artifact. I know someone who have that board and they are very happy with it. It is a bit soft for my liking, but so are all the boards that you listed.

• SmokE

um right away only one of the best jib boards on the market

Rome Artifact.

rome artifact rocker

k2 www r

signal park rocker

lib tech box scratcher

capita horrorscope

GNU street