Would I get into NYU, GA TECH, UGA, and Emory? please chance me?

I have a 33 ACT (super scored - 32 is my best) and a 2250 SAT (only took it once). My Gpa is 3.85 unweighted, 4.3 weighted. Taken 7 honors classes and 10 ap classes. my class rank is 12/567 students. I have volunteered over 70 hours at a hospital ( also have a leadership role there). I founded an ambassador club at my school (show new people around/ represent the school) I have been class president for all 4 years of high school. I have chaired (leader) for prom committee (11&12) and homecoming (10, 11, and 12). I am vice president of beta and national honors society. I am a part of 4 other honor societies. I am a part of a few other clubs, but no leadership. I am on varsity cross country (captain 10-12 grade) and varsity soccer (may quit this year though - really dislike my coach). I'm fairly good, but not good enough to get recruited, but that doesn't bother me at all. Lettered at total of 7 times. I am also part of my school's chorus and glee club. I have hopefully made all state chorus and district honors chorus all 4 years, Acda 2 years, and all state sight reading chorus 1 year (big accomplishment-for me at least). I have a decent amount of awards for service, academic, athletic, and arts..probably like 25-30 in total. half are at state level, but only like 5 are national level. Oh..i've been named homecoming princess/queen for all 4 years..not sure how much that helps, but i think its a good award.

my weaknesses:

never worked-not even babysitting. Um..to be honest...I'm a spoiled brat.

average rec- my teachers and me, we get along, but they don't know me

I'm no 2400 student with amazing GPA and more awards/ extra curricular activities than i know what to do with, but i'd like to think i'll be able to make a second tier school or a third tier (UGA). My college counseler was no use..according to her..the most i'll be able to get into is GA state..i wasted like $200 to hear that. sorry rambling! thanks for your help!

Update:

well tech is in state for me..so wouldn't it be even easier?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • dan
    Lv 4
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

you can definitely get into georgia. id say very good shot at nyu, georgia tech and emory are slightly lower chances being that theyre better schools but good shot.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

100 % / Yes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.