What's Billy Currington's relation to Ohio?

In the song People are crazy by Billy Currington, he has the lyrics "What Brings you to Ohio ..Damned If I know", I was just wondering if anybody was aware of what his relation might be to Ohio and why he adds that to his lyrics, I am from Ohio, lived in 5 different states due to being married to the military. After living in Colorado Springs and then relocating back to my home state of Ohio, I definetly find those lyrics to be funny. What brings you to Ohio, Damned if I know, LOL!!!

• Josh
    Favorite Answer

I've wondered about that as well, honestly. He's not from Ohio and has never lived in Ohio as far as I know. Perhaps Ohio was chosen for the simple fact that it flowed well and rhymed with "damned if I know". Who knows. There's some downright unexplainable lyrics out there.

I'll have to agree with Josh about Ohio just fitting the lyrics.

Songwriters Bobby Braddock and Troy Jones aka Troy Wayne Jones, Jr. were both born in Florida. Jones now lives in Sylacauga Alabama and Braddock currently resides in Nashville Tennessee.

Billy Currington was born in Savannah, Georgia, raised in Rincon, Georgia, and currently lives in Nashville, Tennessee.

• Pig

Billy Currington did not write the song.

The writers are Bobby Braddock ("He Stopped Loving Her Today", "D-I-V-O-R-C-E", "I Lobster But Never Flounder", 13 #1 hits) and Wayne Jones ("Shift Work"). My guess is that it fit the song.