I have a 2004 Nissan Sentra has error code of P1138 Swirl Control Valve. What can i check b4 replacing?

Update: Thanks for all the answers but I did neglect to give all of the info. It is not just the service engine soon lite. It is making a ticking sound and kind of sluggish and louder when going at faster speeds around 40mph and more. This started after an oil change..I do have oil was told that it sounds like the oil is... show more Thanks for all the answers but I did neglect to give all of the info. It is not just the service engine soon lite. It is making a ticking sound and kind of sluggish and louder when going at faster speeds around 40mph and more. This started after an oil change..I do have oil was told that it sounds like the oil is not going all the way thru the engine it has 176,000 miles on it. I do have a print out of the P1138 error code. Any other suggestions?