molecular/ net Ionic Equation- chem help --Aqueous solutions of lead(II) nitrate ...?

Aqueous solutions of lead(II) nitrate solution and sodium sulfate are mixed. Lead(II) sulfate precipitates, leave a solution of sodium nitrate. Write the balanced molecular and net ionic equations of the reactions.

I dont understand what it is saying. If I had the molecular formula i could solve it. Is it saying lead (II) sulfate is aqeuous and sodium nitrate is solid? or what? i have no idea..

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Lead (II) nitrate and sodium sulfate are both soluble, so they form aqueous solutions.

Molecular equation:

Pb(NO3)2 (aq) + Na2SO4 (aq) -----> PbSO4 (s) + 2NaNO3 (aq)

Total ionic:

Pb2+ (aq) + 2NO3- (aq) + 2Na+ (aq) + SO42- (aq) -----> PbSO4 (s) + 2Na+ (aq) + 2NO3- (aq)

Net ionic:

Pb2+ (aq) + SO42- (aq) -----> PbSO4 (s)

Na+ and NO3- are spectator ions since NaNO3 is soluble.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Lead Nitrate Sodium Sulfide

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

molecular/ net Ionic Equation- chem help --Aqueous solutions of lead(II) nitrate ...?

Aqueous solutions of lead(II) nitrate solution and sodium sulfate are mixed. Lead(II) sulfate precipitates, leave a solution of sodium nitrate. Write the balanced molecular and net ionic equations of the reactions.

I dont understand what it is saying. If I had the molecular formula i could...

Source(s): molecular net ionic equation chem aqueous solutions lead ii nitrate: https://shortly.im/Vek0K
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.