Does legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks require use of the L button?

I've heard about one of the newest games LoZ Spirit Tracks last year.I've always wanted it,but recently my Ds' L button broke.I just need to know if the game requires major,or minor, use of it and what it's used for.

Thanks.

Favorite Answer

The L and R buttons are optional. When pressed, they trigger the current item you have. It is just a faster way to hold the item instead of having to tap the item icon before using it. Using the L or R button helps a lot when you're fighting quick enemies or are playing a minigame which requires speed. But no, those buttons are not used as a requirement for the game.

Hope that answered your question. :D

-

Source(s): Played and beat both Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and Zelda: Spirit Tracks on a broken DS. I had no top screen whatsoever. -_-;

No you don't need it. The ony thing it's used for is a quick way to use items in the right hand corner of the screen(boomerang etc.) But you can just tap it with your stylus. Get it, it's a really good game, i've already beaten it twice! :-)