promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What are some interesting facts about the band Queen?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Guitarist Brian May has a PHD in astrophysics/rocket science. He also put out a solo album project called Starfleet Project with different artists, but most notably was an instrumental collaboration with Eddie Van Halen called "Blues Breaker." Brian May, a genius himself, thinks Eddie Van Halen is one when it comes to guitar playing.

Bohemian Rhapsody lied dormant is a hit for years until the song was resurrected in a hilarious head banging scene in the movie "Wayne's World" with Michael Meyers and Dana Carvey. The song reached its peak in popularity because of this famous movie scene.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

Clear Channel Communications, the largest owner of radio stations in the United States, compiled an advisory list of songs which stations might wish to avoid playing in the short term following the terrorist attacks on The World Trade Center and The Pentagon.

and "Another One Bites the Dust" and "Killer Queen", were on that list

• 10 years ago

Lead singer Freddy Mercury went to doctors to fix his overbite, but decided that it could affect his singing ability, so decided not to undergo the corrective surgery.

The song "Another one Bites the Dust" when played in reverse says "smoke more marijuana" relatively clearly.

Source(s): a show about Queen I watched when I was about 13.
  • No.
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Freddy Mercury was born in Zanzibar. We Will Rock You is perhaps the most played song at sport arenas.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

They were all trained opera singers!

Source(s): My friend is a huge Queen fan lol
  • 10 years ago

Freddie Mercury was gay. That's all I know.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.