Can you use Pillsbury Crescent Roll/Biscuit dough for other recipes?

To make an embarrassing story short, I messed up on a grocery list recently and purchased an excessive amount of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls/Pillsbury Biscuits (the breakfast kind). Is there any way of creatively working this extreme amount of dough into recipes other than than the typical: "pop / roll / bake / eat for breakfast" plan?

• angela
    Favorite Answer

There are lots of things you can make using crescent rolls. I have a Pampered Chef recipe for Chicken Broccoli braid that my kids love. Here's a link to the same recipe at allrecipes.com. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken-and-Broccoli-... I make it without the peppers and almonds because my kids don't like those. There's also a recipe for a taco ring that my son loves. You take the crescent rolls and make a circle with the large ends together. Cook 1/2 lb. ground beef, drain and add 1/2 package of taco seasoning mix. You might need to add a little water. Stir in about 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Spoon this mixture onto the crescent roll ring. Bring the pointed ends up and over the meat mixture and tuck it under the center of the ring. Bake it at around 350F for 20 - 30 minutes. I don't have the recipe in front of me so I'm guessing as best as I can remember. You can watch it to make sure the roll part doesn't get too done. Serve it with lettuce, tomatoes, etc. I've made barbecue beef cups with biscuits that are good. Here's a recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Barbecue-Beef-Cups/De... Here's a recipe for apple dumplings that uses crescent rolls. The secret ingredient in this is a can of Mt. Dew. They are really good. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Country-Apple-Dumplin... If you go to www.allrecipes.com and click on ingredients you can put in crescent rolls or biscuits as an ingredient you want and you'll get more recipes.

1

Source(s): Delicious Paleo Recipe Guide : http://PaleoCookbook.raiwi.com/?IYwP

If you like "pigs in a blanket", than you'll like these... This is really simple and can be made from left over crescent dough... Ingredients: Pillsbury Dough (leftovers or a full can) 1 Package of Hotdogs (thawed - eight come in a package, so use your discretion on how many you want to make) Package of Mozzarella (can be fresh, you will have some left over) Preheat your oven for 375 degrees. Prepare the dough as you would if you were making the crescent rolls, except you're going to put in one full hot dog and slices of mozzarella (as many as you want, but I would recommend two thick slices). Roll the hot dog, mozzarella and dough and place about two inches apart on a large non stick baking sheet. Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 8 - 10 minutes or until golden and the cheese is bubbling!!! This is a really fattening and filling snack, so don't make too many for yourself!!! HAVE FUN! :)

Crescent roll- yes. I bought 3 cans of it and used it to make small pasties. I processed spinach, black olives, mushrooms, little bit of butter and cheese in a food processor. 1 or 2 table spoons of stuffing in the center of the triangular piece of doe, pick up the corners connect them together. Then connect the open slots together as well. I ended up with Greek style triangular pasties.

I baked those in the oven for 20 minutes. Don't forget to leave little room for cheese and butter, otherwise they will find the way out...

You can also glaze the top with egg yoke, looks great!

Second time I purchased some pepperoni and mozzarella cheese and rolled those into the crescent rolls. Came out very good, however the cheese started to melt and pour out of the roll...

Still, these are great for finger food football parties... 10 minutes prep, 20 in the oven and you can have variety of appetisers...

I use for wrapping hot dogs. My kids LOVE pigs n the blankets.

Make a sausage gravy. Another kids fav.

the crescent rolls- I lay them flat. Place a piece of brown sugar ham, slice of swiss and another pc. of ham on top. Roll them up and bake as directed. (kids fav)

• Yes, like cinnamon rolls.

yes

yes. look up sausage creamcheese thing. its good

Yes or no my god