Music Institution (LA) or Berklee?
Which is better for guitarist. of course berklee? reasons please
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
I can't really speak for MI, but I've heard a few positive but mostly negative things.
Why I think Berklee is a good choice:
1) The incredible amount of talent and diversity in the student body: with 4000 students who were selected from a very competitive audition pool, 25% international, you can find people who play basically any style of music with every kind of background and outlook on life/ music. People are extremely passionate and, generally, open-minded and excited to expand their horizons.
2) The variety of styles: there are labs and ensembles for almost anything you can find in contemporary music, from straight-ahead jazz to avant-garde, r&b, pop, rock, funk, world music, folk... you name it, you can probably find a class or 10 for it
3) The location: obviously LA is a great place for musicians, but Boston is also a great place to find musicians to play with, places to play, and shows to see. The city is also full of other schools so there are lots of student filmmakers/artist/etc. to collaborate with
4) The opportunities and resources available: rehearsal space, studios, equipment, workshops with a wide variety of musicians and industry people, audition opportunities for tours and gigsSource(s): Berklee student