Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Music Institution (LA) or Berklee?

Which is better for guitarist. of course berklee? reasons please

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I can't really speak for MI, but I've heard a few positive but mostly negative things.

Why I think Berklee is a good choice:

1) The incredible amount of talent and diversity in the student body: with 4000 students who were selected from a very competitive audition pool, 25% international, you can find people who play basically any style of music with every kind of background and outlook on life/ music. People are extremely passionate and, generally, open-minded and excited to expand their horizons.

2) The variety of styles: there are labs and ensembles for almost anything you can find in contemporary music, from straight-ahead jazz to avant-garde, r&b, pop, rock, funk, world music, folk... you name it, you can probably find a class or 10 for it

3) The location: obviously LA is a great place for musicians, but Boston is also a great place to find musicians to play with, places to play, and shows to see. The city is also full of other schools so there are lots of student filmmakers/artist/etc. to collaborate with

4) The opportunities and resources available: rehearsal space, studios, equipment, workshops with a wide variety of musicians and industry people, audition opportunities for tours and gigs

Source(s): Berklee student
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.