MAGIC VS MAGICK:WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?

Can anyone explain to me what's the differences between the two words and which one do you think is more real?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anansi
    Lv 6
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

if you spell it wrong it is cool.

probably like old english they wanted to sound like the past and be awesome and stuff

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

Magic is stage magic like pulling rabbits out of hats and illusions. Magick is witchcraft and is defined as the act of causing change to occur in conformity with the will (defined by Aleister Crowley.) But he was not the first to spell it that way. It is an ancient spelling and magick is ancient so should be spelled that way. It also shows the difference so you know what you are talking about. Magick with the K is real magick like witchcraft while magic without the K it like magicians. But it doesn't really matter and I do not get why people get so upset about it. Its not like youre a not real Occultist just cause you spell magick a certain way. People who care about it like the guy who said 15 year olds use the K to look cool are frauds. Its like people who fear the inverted pentagram cause they actually have no idea what it mean or why a person uses it.

Source(s): Religion major. Pagan witch
  • 10 years ago

As I have worked with Magick over 30 years and going will answer. Magic is the art of display performance to e on stage. Magick( started the spelling from a crazy but gifted practitioner the sacred arts in the turn of this century named Alister Crowley). Magick is a private art, religion based on rituals and Technics based on very old believes. One is for public the other if practiced well ( the later) is a lifestyle and religion for good!

• 10 years ago

Magick refers to a specific type of ceremonial magic practiced by Aleister Crowley.

Magic refers to all of the rest.

Some people get very picky about these two, especially most neopagan authors teach the differences between (magick) being ritual magic and (magic) being stage magic, mostly in defense of whats "real" and whats not, its only just two different things, both equally valid in its own context.

Source(s): Witch, about 6 years
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/Dhrbe

Everything is perception. The real answer to your question lies in the way in which you perceive the word magic. Of course, it is true that one cannot imagine anything of which is not a copy, reduction, or combination of things that already exist. As such, the human idea pool is limited with direct proportion to the environment in which they live. It follows then that what we imagined before might come into actual existence now. So long as the mathematics, physics, and chemistry supports it then it can and with respect to probability, will eventually be. In truth, just what is magic is an aesthetic interpretation for many, IE. the main stream perception of the word is perhaps too simplistic and limiting of the real potential of the word itself. the sentence, "Life is magic" is much more beautiful and fulfilling to believe to me than "Harry Potter can do magic".

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

MAGIC VS MAGICK:WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?

Can anyone explain to me what's the differences between the two words and which one do you think is more real?

Source(s): magic magick 39 difference: https://shortly.im/0nsaQ
  • 10 years ago

Magic, Magick, Magik, Majick, Majik etc.... they are all pronounced the same way and people use them to mean the same thing. It really doesn't matter how it's spelled. None are "real" since they are all merely words and are not things themselves. Just as I can say "chair" that does not make it real... the word is not a thing, the word describes a real thing and as such, the word itself is only as real as the idea.

Aleister Crowley set the precident of using "magick" instead of "magic" for two reasons... to differentiate the practice of illusions and staged slight-of-hand trickery from the use of the exertion of spiritual "Will" to create change in the world. The "k" was added to give the word seven letters. Numerologically, the number 7 appearantly had magickal implications for him.

I choose to use the seven-letter spelling because I like to make that same distinction and also because I'm partial to how it looks. Magick is a real thing.

-Scarlet

Source(s): eclectic pagan witch
  • Kevin
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

Magick is a book series including Flyte, Phisyck, and a fourth that i don't kow the title of and haven't gotten around to reading

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Magick is the Old English spelling. Since a lot of witches consider themselves as practicing an ancient religion, the use old spelling.

Fo instead of using ye modern fpelling, witches prefur out-dated ftuff.

• 5 years ago

Magik's for EVIL CLUELESS PRICKS that don't realize Aliester Crowley was a Satanist, pedophile, animal *******, **** eating deviant. MAGIC's practiced by GOOD PEOPLE.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Some people (Such as Traditional Wiches) use Magick and Magic, to differentiate "stage" magic, and real magick. (What they practice is magick, what a magician does is magic)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.