Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomBirmingham · 1 decade ago

Railcards for Stafford station to B'ham New street/City hospital?

Hey need to get from stafford station to b'ham new street between the hours of 6.30-7:45 ( rush hour) and get a bus to the city hospital.

Looked on thetrainline.co.uk website and it said that the cost is 9.20 one way. without the bus

Is there a travel card or rail card that you can buy monthly. In london they have the oyster card and you put your travelcard on that and pay for the zones you use for any transport. is that the same in b'ham?

I need it for everyday as my hours change all the time i will work weekends as well.

Thanks

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, there is a travelcard system which is a network card and an add on, details on the link below;

http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/CT_TicketSearch...

You will need a photocard, so get yourself a passport sized photo

For details select the network card from the drop down list; bus, bus-train, or bus-train-metro will do, then select train-out of county (Stafford is on the last page).

It is best to get your first one at your nearest network WM station (in your case Wolverhampton)

As for the buses; 81, 82, 87, and 89; Stand CB on Corporation Street, will get you there. To get to Corporation Street from the station; after ticket barrier go up the escalator, turn left, exit down the ramp, Corporation Street is ahead.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.