Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

WMA™: Prayer is good. Everybody should pray. So, who does God pray to?

We Must Ask™ ourselves these questions.

Inspired by Terry Pratchett's hilarious novel "Small Gods" which I finally got around to reading recently.

@ Brooklyn, good question. I should have noted that "prayer is good, everybody should pray" is something that believers tell me regularly and sincerely. Then again, they also tell me that their imaginary friend has an intense interest in my sex life. So there ya go.

Best Answer

Seventh-day Adventist Christians preach the everlasting Gospel and keep the Biblical Sabbath(Saturday) day Holy(Exodus 20:8-11)."Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it Holy." The Sabbath begins sundown Friday and ends sundown Saturday."

Sabbath School begin at 9:30am. Worship begin at 11:00am every Saturday.

God's true Church believes that Jesus is God.

God's true Church believes in the Trinity.

God's true Church believes in the death of Christ on the Cross.

God's true Church will uphold the Moral Law(Ten Commandments)

God's true Church will Baptize by Immersion not Sprinkling.

God's true Church will not eat Unclean Foods(Pork, Catfish, etc.)

God's true Church will be a Worldwide Church preaching the message of Christ.

God's true Church will teach Biblical literal six day Creation. NO Evolution.

God's true Church will have the gift of Prophecy.

God's true Church will preach Salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.

God's true Church will stand against Sexual Immorality. Homosexuality, Adultery and Fornication are Sins.

God's true Church will preach against Strong drink. Alcohol is not allowed. (Proverbs 20:1).

Remember God's true last day Church will not be a popular Church. Most people will attack God's Biblical Church with vigilance. Satan himself will attack God's Church(Revelation 14:12) Truth crushed to the ground will always rise to the top.

God prays to us. God prays for us.

You came to the conclusion that prayer is good, but have shown no logical premises for it. So, in return for your question, I ask you: why is prayer good in and of itself? And in answering that, you must frame clearly what you consider to be 'good'.

To continue, regardless of whether prayer is good or not, it doesn't matter who god prays to...since he/she/it does not exist in any context that man's delusional hubris can come up with.

edit:

I agree. Many believers come to conclusions without premises. When questioned, they substitute 'premise' for 'god'. God can do all things, so no need for understanding, reason, or logic. Which is illogical in itself and only proves that their argument holds no water.

god prays to ginger kids

God is Supreme. He prays to no one.