How come the Pope labelled atheists as Nazis?

I'm atheist just to let you know and normally things like this doesn't really bother me but this time it did, there are some atheist idiots who like to do stupid things but he really can't say that every atheist is a nazi just because they don't want to accept his belief? Or is it news propaganda? I don't really know anymore dislike the media and religion.

To be honest what's the point of everyone arguing between atheists and religion, neither side will win.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

He did not.

Here is what the Pope really said:

Even in our own lifetime, we can recall how Britain and her leaders stood against a Nazi tyranny that wished to eradicate God from society and denied our common humanity to many, especially the Jews, who were thought unfit to live. I also recall the regime’s attitude to Christian pastors and religious who spoke the truth in love, opposed the Nazis and paid for that opposition with their lives.

As we reflect on the sobering lessons of the atheist extremism of the twentieth century, let us never forget how the exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus to a “reductive vision of the person and his destiny.”

Here is the entire address: http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/benedict_xvi/spe...

The Pope had just gone on to the next logical step after the Pagan Nazis. "The sobering lessons of the atheist extremism of the twentieth century" were from Atheistic Communism which killed many more people than the Nazis ever did.

The Pope was not comparing Atheist extremists to the Nazis, he was comparing them to the Atheistic Soviet Union and other communist regimes.

Are all Muslims offended when Muslim extremists are criticized?

Are all Christians offended when Christian extremists are criticized?

Why would all Atheists be offended when Atheist extremists are criticized?

With love in Christ.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

As an Atheist i've got faith that i might desire to protest on the insinuation that the pope is an Atheist. i've got faith insulted. i don't abuse infants or cover up such issues. i don't comprehend that's worst being whilst in comparison with a Nazi or a Christian. except it fairly is a Christian white supremacist.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

He didn't say that, he said:

"Even in our own lifetime, we can recall how Britain and her leaders stood against a Nazi tyranny that wished to eradicate God from society and denied our common humanity to many, especially the Jews, who were thought unfit to live. I also recall the regime’s attitude to Christian pastors and religious who spoke the truth in love, opposed the Nazis and paid for that opposition with their lives. As we reflect on the sobering lessons of the atheist extremism of the twentieth century, let us never forget how the exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus to a “reductive vision of the person and his destiny”

http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/news/2010/09/16/pa...

We don't have to lie about religion to prove its flaws.

Source(s): Atheist
  • 9 years ago

I generally don't like arguing on the topic of religion because the atheist argument is one of logic and reasoning, and the religious argument is one of faith and belief. The two will never see eye to eye because they are backing up their ideals with different types of data.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

The pope's words were desperate propaganda in retaliation to the damage done to his church by the child abuse scandal.

As for your second point:

'All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing' - Edmund Burke.

I argue against religion because to me it is an evil deception.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

the atheist are winning in europe

when communist china is the #1 economy it will become increasingly difficult to sell the delusion.

we will win in the end

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

It's been spun out of proportion, we don't need ot exaggerate the things he says to make him look like a bigoted idiot.

Here is what he actually said http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11332515

• Avery
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Of course it's propaganda. Any mass generalization as such is total trash, for any side.

• 9 years ago

Scape goating and trying to draw attention away from the kiddie fiddling.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

because the pope is a lyin sinner

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.