_
_ asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 10 years ago

Reasons Madonna is better than Michael Jackson...?

1. Madonna has performances that actually make you think and she has the best selling tour for a solo artist of all time.

2. Michael Jackson couldn't make a good album after Bad.

3. Madonna has Immaculate Collection, Like A Prayer, Ray of Light and Music which were all on Rolling Stone's Greatest Albums Of All Time. Michael has Off The Wall, Thriller, and Bad. (Bad didn't even deserve to be on the list since it was Thriller Part 2.)

4. Madonna took her critics and made herself better. Michael took his critics and made himself even worse.

5. This Is It was a disappointment. Madonna's movie Truth Or Dare for Blonde Ambition Tour was legendary.

6. Michael Jackson has never acted in a good movie. Madonna won a Golden Globe for Evita and some people say she deserved an Oscar Nomination.

7. Madonna was and is proud to be herself and not afraid to say anything. Michael wasn't.

8. Michael kept repeating himself while Madonna has done something new on every album.

9. Rolling Stone called Like A Prayer the closest pop music has ever gotten to art.

10. Madonna has songs about more deep topics like her mom's death, teen pregnancy, her childhood, etc. If Michael ever got serious it was always over the top or whiny.

MADONNA > Michael Jackson.

Madonna actually has songs about peace and things like that too. But they just aren't as popular...

@ C2 Dangerous does have some good songs but it runs way too long.

@ Tink Well maybe Madonna had a better more determined personality than Michael. And Madonna does have songs about peace, changing the world, etc. People just haven't listened to them as much because they weren't the singles. And no Papa Don't Preach is not a whiny song. LMAO! The song (or at least the video) was about a teenage girl who got pregnant and decided to be strong and make the right choice by keeping her baby despite what her friends were pressuring her to do.

@ Allie No the reason people keep making these comparisons to Michael is because of his fans who run around trying to say that he was the best at everything like it is a fact.

@ Allie No I am respectful. The only ones I thumbed down or argued with are the ones who were disrespectful to Madonna. And maybe Madonna wasn't the first to use sex in her music but I can't really describe it very well so I will just use someone else's quote. Shmuel Boteach, an author, said in one of his books "Before Madonna, it was possible for women more famous for their voices than their cleavage, to emerge as music superstars. But in the post-Madonna universe, even highly original performers such as Janet Jackson now feel the pressure to expose their bodies on national television to sell albums."

Oh sorry for adding the extra "e" at the end.

@ Alli (oh look I didn't spell it with an "e" this time) If I really went with the media and sales I would think Michael Jackson was better than Madonna. And I actually think Janet is a really underrated artist. I have listened to both her and Madonna's music and I can tell you that Madonna is better in my opinion and I personally relate to her music more.

Oh and wow Shmuel Boteach is the same guy. I actually had no clue, lol.

• ???
    Favorite Answer

1. "Madonna has performances that actually make you think".....Michael had performances that made people FAINT. " and she has the best selling tour for a solo artist of all time"....michael never got to do his last tour.

2. "Michael Jackson couldn't make a good album after Bad"...then how come Dangerous sold 2 million more than Bad? that album was after Bad...

3. "Madonna has Immaculate Collection, Like A Prayer, Ray of Light and Music which were all on Rolling Stone's Greatest Albums Of All Time. Michael has Off The Wall, Thriller, and Bad. (Bad didn't even deserve to be on the list since it was Thriller Part 2.) "....Thriller has broken more records than any album in history. even without bad or off the wall, thriller was all michael needed to secure his name as the king of pop.

4."Madonna took her critics and made herself better. Michael took his critics and made himself even worse"....it isn't how they took their critics, it's who they would profit off of more. madonna's more out there, michael was shy and minded his own business, and yet they picked on michael more. why? because those stories would sell because he was the bigger celebrity and led a more quiet and mysterious life.

5. "This Is It was a disappointment. Madonna's movie Truth Or Dare for Blonde Ambition Tour was legendary"...why was it a disappointment, because he died? gee, maybe he should come out from his grave just to apologize to you.

6. "Michael Jackson has never acted in a good movie. Madonna won a Golden Globe for Evita and some people say she deserved an Oscar Nomination"....people say she deserved an oscar nomination, but the fact that she didn't get one tells you she didn't deserve one after all. michael was a great performer and WAS in a movie, that was all about him, This Is It. He didn't have to pretend to be great, he was.

7."Madonna was and is proud to be herself and not afraid to say anything. Michael wasn't"...these are personality differences, it doesn't make one better than the other. but if you want to take that route, ever hear the bible verse "the meek shall inherit the earth?" michael was meek, and mild, and he did indeed inherit the hearts of millions on the earth. people genuinely loved him and still do.

8. "Michael kept repeating himself while Madonna has done something new on every album"...madonna did the same thing on every album, sell sex. oh but of course she did the vogue *macarena's less embarassing* dance, made out with jesus and then did a ridiculous rap about "mocha latte" or something like that. yeah, maybe you're right! LOL. michael didn't do the same thing all the time. do earth song and billie jean sound the same to you? have you ever seen anyone do the antigravity lean before him? didn;t think so.

9."Rolling Stone called Like A Prayer the closest pop music has ever gotten to art"....rolling stone had this to say about michael:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/artists/michael-...

10. "Madonna has songs about more deep topics like her mom's death, teen pregnancy, her childhood, etc. If Michael ever got serious it was always over the top or whiny"... michael has a song CALLED "childhood" about his. and his songs are not just about him, but include the world and human experience, which is why so many people could relate to them. songs like "will you be there" are about friendship and brotherly love, "earth song" and "man in the mirror" about GLOBAL issues. if anything should be considered "whiny" it's a song about teen pregnancy. it's like saying "oh, boo-hoo i had sex without a condom."

MICHAEL>madonna

edit: keep on with your arguments, you won't change my opinion.

edit: "Before Madonna, it was possible for women more famous for their voices than their cleavage, to emerge as music superstars. But in the post-Madonna universe, even highly original performers such as Janet Jackson now feel the pressure to expose their bodies on national television to sell albums." <----- that's exactly what i've always said. that's one of the main reasons i don't see her as a great artist nor a good role model for women/girls. i understand that you like her, i respect your opinion, but i just can't see how flaunting your sexuality is anything to be proud of, any woman can do that, if she had the nerve and didn't have a sense of shame. just because madonna did it doesn't mean it's talent.

1

Source(s): End Times Prediction http://givitry.info/EndTimesProphecy

This is an unnecessary debate that will NEVER get solved - whats the point in trying to annoy people with it when we all know full well that no matter what anyone else says, its not going to change their opinion?

I have complete respect for Madonna but Michael will ALWAYS be my favourite no matter what - I think his shows were more exciting, I think his music is more meaningful and relatable and I think that his voice is gorgeous. And I don't care what anyone else says - if they don't like it they don't have to listen to it.

But as much as I have respect for Madonna, Madonna fans should respect MJ fans as well - I agree some people take the MJ thing too far, but on the whole we're not stupid and we understand there are other talented artists out there - people who dislike MJ should respect at least that he was successful for a reason and no matter what anyone says, people won't dislike him because of what a magazine company says or because of how many albums someone else has beaten him by.

• Lucy

Wow, I love Michael Jackson but people need to OPEN THEIR MINDS a little bit. Can't you just for one second even think about everything that Madge has done for and to pop music?

I don't get why everyone is so offended by sex. Little kids know much more than you think, trust me. And that's not because of the likes of Madonna, Britney and Gaga. Parents are careless these days.

I can only think of one reason why she's better than MJ, she's much better at reinventing herself and she never gives up.

"You obviously don't know a thing about music or music history or Michael Jackson."

↑ see, people in this section are so ignorant.

Well I prefer Michael Jackson, even if Madonna was a better performer, simply because I prefer his songs. I'm not one of the scary fans on here (who almost all seemed to appear after his death...) I just tend to prefer his songs to Madonnas. I know how much you love Madonna, so don't mean anything disrespectful by that :)

That's not a question , dude . It doesn't matter who's the best , M.J. has been in the music industry before Madonna . I give my props to Madonna too :)

Source(s): Peace & Subscribe - Don't hate , congratulate ! :)

Madonna is overrated asf Micheal Jackson is still the greatest of all time

• ?

I'm not a huge Michael Jackson fan but I know MJ is a lot better Maddona he help music change and pop music is different and great hits and number 2 all time in music

I love Madonna to death but there is no way I could ever say that she is better than MJ. Half your list is opinionated. They are both great. She's the Queen. He's the King. Why does one have to be better than the other? They don't trump one another in my book.

I beg to differ. Madonna isn't even as big of a household name as MJ. And she isn't even influential beyond fashion. Every time somebody gets compared to her, it's only because of her fashion statements. If you see a dance, hear a certain sound in a song, or any style of fashion, that is close to his, people will think of Michael Jackson. I couldn't even name a Madonna song besides "Like a virgin" because people only bring up that one song and I still don't know the words to it. Usually when it comes to classics, you get deju vu of hearing them before, when you were younger but all of her songs sound new to me. Even before I was even into MJ, I still remember seeing his crazy vids and hearing his music everywhere as a kid. Like, really? Michael Jackson with Thriller started music video's with concepts that were similar to the song. Which, was eventually used today. Michael wasn't trying to be a great actor, he wasn't trying to win everything, it just happened for him. Madonna wanted the achievements that he had. Michael Jackson owned her, for years!

Please, Even Janet Jackson is better than Madonna.

DONT....

Madonna needs the media because of her lack of talent.

Michael Jackson Owns Talent.

She does NOT compare.

and LMAO@ how people keep making these petty comparisons ONLY towards Michael Jackson. That Obviously Means he is the best!

I also find it funny that people act like she is the first person ever to use sex in her music lol. Wow

I'm not going to Be to harsh on Madonna because I know that she has done her part on music, Unlike you I'll be respectful.

But imo she's not better than MJ.

Um it's ALLI not ALLIE duh my name is right there <--------

O_0. And you whinning about Madonna being better is not going to change anybody's mind. And At least I said MY OPINION. Madonna has Nothing On Michael Jackson. Again.

Okay and Is Boteach the Gospel? Janet follows her own parade and was way classier than Madonna. Madonna got her Image from Marilyn Monroe. THE REAL SEX SYMBOL.

I don't care about what some reporter aka the media says, wasnt he the same guy that Release Mj's Private Tapes? Yeah you go along with the media.

@ Tink: THANK YOU! and the funny part is just because Janet starting exploiting herself after Madonna, doesn't mean she got it From Madonna! Damn other people did it before Madonna!