Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 1 decade ago

Help With Reading Glasses?

Were can i find cheap and effective reading glasses?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You can find cheap reading glasses, just about anywhere (to include your local dollar stores). The effectiveness, though, will depend upon the prescription that you need. It is always better to go see an eye care professional for a prescription reading pair. Once you get the prescription, then you can usually have an inexpensive pair of "reading only" glasses made at your local optical. I think walmart actually does them for about $40.

The reason it is import ant to get your prescription is because if you choose the incorrect ones, then it could cause more eyestrain. Also, very few people have the same exact prescription in both eyes, but the over-the-counter reading glasses have the same Rx in both eyes. This could also cause more strain.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

• 1 decade ago

The cheapest place that I know that carries decent reading glasses is the 99 only store. I found a nice pair of Foster Grant reading glasses for my mother there.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

www.replacementlensexpress.com does single vision lenses for $25. Prescription lenses are the most expensive part of the eyewear purchase. If you have a recent prescription, you can get the lenses made online at this company. If you already have glasses you like, you can send them in. If you know which ones you want, send them an e-mail at info@replacementlensexpress.com and they will give you a good price on the frames.

Source(s): www.replacementlensexpress.com
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

problematic step. lookup using bing and yahoo. that will help!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.