promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

foundation year at universities in the UK?

i'm an american student interested in attending university in england to get my bachelors degree, specifically universities in london. however although i have a high gpa 3.7 out of 4 (grade point average) i did not do well on the SAT (the american standerdized tests that most colleges/universities require) so i am looking into doing a foundation year that way the universities will not need to look at my SAT scores. my only concern is that once i am done with my foundation year will i have to take a standerdized test like an SAT or a prospectus to get into a universities bachelor progamme? for example if i attend kings university in london and i take their foundation year will i then be automatically transfered into the bachelors program if i have good grades or will i need to take a prospectus of SAT even though i did a foundation year?

Update:

i'm aware its a waste of my time and money but since my SAt scores aren't great there's really no other way for me to get into the universities.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Universities do not look at SAt scores but to start the first year they lie a minimum of 3AP classes.

A foundation year is a great idea - the poster who said waste of time is wrong, I think he was talking about a foundation degree which is a different thing. Normally you will be told on enrollment what you need to do to progress, some universities require you to pass all modules / units in the year, some want you to pass a number of units but non will require you to take SAT.

BTW you will then progress to an honours degree, not a bachelors.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • ?
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

I don't know about King's college specifically, but many UK universities will allow you to take an HNC course, which is a 2 year course that has a lower entry requirement than a degree, and then once you have finished the HNC you can stay on for an extra year to convert that HNC into a full degree in the same subject at the same college.

The UK has no SAT or equivalent at that level. If you complete a university's foundation program you go through to its standard program. I don't think that all universities recognize each others foundation programs.

• 10 years ago

waste of time

do proper degree instead

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.