What is the United Nations Human Rights Council?

I know its the successor to the United Nations Commission on Human Rights but what is it exactly?

What are the current Human Rights issues does it involve itself into? Which country? Sources for information on this UNHRC seems to be limited.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) is an inter-governmental body within the United Nations System. The UNHRC is the successor to the United Nations Commission on Human Rights (UNCHR, herein CHR), and is a subsidiary body of the United Nations General Assembly. The council works closely with the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) and engages the United Nations' Special Procedures.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

If all of us is overjoyed by potential of the UN critically criticizing usa they might desire to examine a thank you to envision . You examine(i think of) that and notice how undesirable usa is . we attempt to restoration what we see as incorrect . We do positioned it accessible for ever one to be certain . And we've achieved some issues experience 9-11 that became no longer the terrific component for us . yet we nonetheless communicate approximately what's right and incorrect in usa . And it is larger by using fact we are able to speak approximately it . If we became in say, Iran or Cuba we could no longer say what we expect of roughly Human Rights . are you able to assert any component approximately what's incorrect with China ? are you able to assert any component approximately China putting a guy that gained the Noble Peace Prize in detention center ? Are say any component approximately Human Rights , in China . No ! Are the chinese language human beings overjoyed by potential of all of the lie's they hear from the ccp , no . yet all they hear is lie's . some human beings can't tell the fact . And is usa the worst violator of Human Rights in all of time ? Ask Mao approximately that , i think of he became the worst . we are transforming into extra advantageous at Human Rights , are you ? China has an prolonged thank you to pass to stand as much as the place we've been at our worst . Make the long march there .

• 6 years ago

I I NEED SOMW HELP---------------DESPARAREELLY, IS ANYONE LISTENING, , IS SUCIDE THE ANSWER, I HAVE HAD ALL THE REDTAPE & 9-11 LAWS I CAN DEAL WITH...... 9-11 HAPPENED, TO THE WORLD, NOT JUST THE U.S.A. TERRORISM, JUST HAD NOT , HAPPENED IN THE U.S. THE AMERICANS CARE ABOUT ALL PEOPLE. ASK THEM, THE AM SO TIRD OF THE EXCUSE OF 9-11 FOR THE REASONS WE WERE GIVEN.-------ITS TIME TO GIVE THE AMERICAN GOVERMENT, BACK TO THE PEOPLE, THE PEOPLE--------------------------PAUL E. WHIPPLE, N.Y.U.S.A.

• 1 decade ago

It is based on the Geneva Convention.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.